“Our favorite restaurant in Tuscon”
Review of Wildflower

Wildflower
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildflower is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 2,162 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: USD 12 - USD 28
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oracle
Description: As with everything great, one must first seek the roots. In our case, we are lucky enough to have our first restaurant, Wildflower, continuously thriving and serving the local and die-hard fans of Fox Restaurant Concepts in Tucson. While our seasonal menu changes with the calendar, the walls and décor with the years, the one thing that has remained steadfast and true is Wildflower’s carefully constructed plates, artfully shaken martinis and loyalty to its guests. You could call it a long-term love affair, and you’d just be scratching the surface.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Arrived and got seated on the patio, as requested. Love the atmosphere, and the view from the patio. We started with a drink, I had the Barrio Tuscon Blonde, very nice, and my wife had the Black and Blue Mojito, which was very good. We started with the Calamari which was excellent, the Mizuna made the dish awesome. For mains I had the Seafood Paella, which was excellent, and my wife had the Short Ribs, of which I had a bite, and the short rib melted in my mouth. Not that we needed anymore food, but ...we had desert, sticky toffee pudding with a salted caramel ice cream, yes it was as good as it sounds.

Great food, great ambiance, excellent service from Janelle

Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Snuck into this place within an hour of closing but to staff's credit, we didn't feel rushed at all. Nice atmosphere - best cocktail I had during our entire week long trip! The Chef's board was a delicious appetizer for three of us to enjoy. Meals were all tasty as well - fish & chips, spinach pappardelle and the mesquite grilled cheeseburger. Great service.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Wildflower was a recommended restaurant while we are at a business conference in Tucson. We went as a party of 8, with a reservation even though it may not have been necessary on a weeknight. I have heard that on weekends reservations are definitely recommended.

The service was exceptional, the waiter was very attentive and also very friendly.

Thr food was very good. 4 out of 5 star good.

Thr price was a bit too high I thought for the overall food quality.

It's certainly worth checking out though!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came here for our anniversary and it was superb! The setting was very nice, I highly recommend the Chef’s platter!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This year was our third annual visit to Wildflower. Dining here the night before we fly back home after visiting family in Oracle is becoming a tradition. The quality of the experience here was even more apparent after a couple of miserable dining experiences earlier in the week at other restaurants.

First, the service is excellent. From the greet to the dropping of the check, the staff is attentive without being obsequious, friendly without being false or overly familiar, and they hit all of the right points of service without being fawning or lurking. The FOH manager is on their game. The staff is well-trained and competent.

Second, the food is very good. The calamari came up a little cool as though it had been sitting in the window just a little too long, but the flavor was good, the breading was not overly done and the arugula that accompanied the greens was actually the highlight. I had the Paella this time as I did the last time. It was equally delicious this year as it was last year and the preparation was remarkably consistent. The portion was generous without being ridiculous.

Third, the cocktails are made by a bar staff that knows how to make cocktails. Pretty obvious point you'd say, but the number of times I've ordered a second round of the same drink and gotten something different are not few. The point of making cocktails is not to make the second round different or better, it's to make each round the same. They nail it.

Fourth, the wine list is very good. It's curated by someone who has taken the time to cover a lot of bases and has seen to it that there are excellent choices to pair with the food. Enough said there.

We now look forward every year to Wildflower as our one sure-fire no-miss dining experience. The staff is great, the food is very good and the mountain view is lovely. We will keep coming back,

1  Thank brianvel1

Been to Wildflower? Share your experiences!