All reviewscoyote pausedesert museumnature trailsaguaro national parkranch roomsierra madrecommon roombird feedersmountain stationhot tubkitt peak observatorynative plantsdozen roomsbamboo terracehour sessioninteresting itemsperfect location for visiting
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

My granddaughter and I stayed here for a couple of days in her fall break. The room was very well appointed in Southwestern style. The manager did our check in and left us to share the whole place with another family. The exterior is well done with seating areas, a jacuzzi, and bird feeders. The whole atmosphere here is calming. Breakfast is done with coupons at a restaurant next door. The food is good, but the coupons didn’t cover the cost either day. We did the night telescope deal....well worth the $100.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank G2services
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Tucson to visit friends, and were delighted with our choice of accommodations. The room was gorgeous. Large, with lovely amenities, very comfortable bed, and the most calming enclosed patio with a fountain, desert plants and comfortable seating.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I booked the cat mountain Lodge because it was close to the Tucson Mountain Park and Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum - and was out of town a little. I loved the ambience. The Old Mexican room had lots of character and space and the courtyard was lovely. It was a unique experience if you like colour and quiet and want to visit the parks to walk and wander. Best accommodation I stayed in during my 6-weeks road trip through south-west US. My only regret was that my wife wan't there to share it.

Room Tip: I had the cheapest and loved it so the higher priced rooms I assume would be even better.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank alantQ2891TQ
Reviewed 25 July 2017

My boyfriend and I were fortunate enough to stay in the "Old Mexico" room of the lodge. Arriving late at night, and with plans early in the morning, we were nervous that check in may be difficult...we were pleasantly surprised to be greeted by the lodges Gardener the morning following our late arrival, who quickly got us in contact with the innkeeper who graciously left her shop to check us in early so that we could remain on schedule.

After traveling all week throughout Arizona and staying in hotels, we found our room very refreshing and very homey. We made the long, and arduous, journey to Tombstone as it was a bucket list for us, and found that our stargazing appointment in the Spencer Observatory was greatly rewarding after a long day in the dessert.

Also, would highly recommend the blueberry pancakes from Coyote Pause Cafe (which I indulged in both mornings we were there), and my boyfriend very much enjoyed his chilaquiles!

Thank you guys again for an amazing stay and (VERY) warm welcome to Tucson!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We were on a cross country move and simply looking for a one night stop at Tucson. I was surprised to see how reasonable the hotel price in Tucson area before we knew the 120F in a hot desert summer. My wife and I had never been in any B&B then we came across the Cat Mountain Lodge just outside the Saguaro National Park. My wife and I both love outdoors and nature so we decided to give it a try. When we arrived at the lodge, we fell in love with the landscape and how authentic the place is. It is just so organic. The lodge itself is part of landscape without even a bit of inconvenience in this southwest desert wonder. We stayed at the Old Mexico and it was huge! The decoration was a well representation of the area. We felt relaxed at a lodge mentally and physically. it is definitely more than just a hotel room. The courtyard had trees and fountain where we saw colorful birds taking bath and drinking water literally just out of our room. I would sit on the bench early in the morning and enjoyed this peaceful live picture. The side yard also has bench and you can see all kinda desert wildlife. Love it!
Jenny, the innkeeper, was extremely welcoming and warm to us. She made sure we will have anything we need during our stay. We drank lots water in the hot summer day in Tucson and she made sure the jug was full of water and the kettle was ready to brew the tea every morning. Sam was an amazing artist and extremely knowledge historian in the area. His creation can be seen everywhere in the property and the Coyote Pause restaurant. We learned so much about the history of the area, the lodge, and the nature.
You definitely should not miss the Coyote Pause restaurant. The foods were amazing! We tried the melt, steak sandwich, catfish sandwich, chicken sandwich, and the green chili. The quality of the food was just beyond what we could describe with words. They put heart into making these dishes and not just the entr'e but the sides were all carefully picked and well fit into all the entre we ordered. It was a food orchestra, a great one. Don’t miss the prickly pear lemonade. It was awesome! We tried most of their desert and they still appeared in my dream when I sleep.
All the staff and the manager, Deb, were so accommodating and courteous to us. We needed to leave the lodge before the restaurant and they make sure we will have food for our breakfast for the long drive. Who will do that for you these days?! The chief was smiling and thanked us for the visiting after the meal. It may not mean a lot to many people but we felt being treated like family.
We loved this place so much so we decided to stay for one more day. It is not easy to keep a B&B to this standard in this value-driven society. We feel grateful that the owner and the staff members are willing to go above and beyond to make sure people staying at the lodge have stories they will keep talking about and remember forever. They also make sure the lodge will not be a burden to the Mother Nature so we and our kids can come back again to enjoy all the plants and wildlife.
The building, the color, the design is just so unique but all in a great harmony but very personal.Thank you, Kerstain and everybody at the lodge!
Extremely highly recommended!
We will absolutely come back!
Hao-Ching&Robbie

Room Tip: Great location, great views, quite, designer, big room, fridge, free- WIFI, wonderful food, extremely friendly staffs
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple