“Absolutely delightful”
Review of Cat Mountain Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tucson
Cat Mountain Lodge
Ranked #4 of 45 Tucson B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed one night in October for a visit to the Desert Museum. We arrived after dark and the proprietor had already left the property but instructed us on where to find the keys. This place is absolutely lovely. The rooms face a secured courtyard and there is a beautiful garden right outside the courtyard. Room decor is fabulous, quality was wonderful. There is a cafe in front of the lodge that hides it from the road. We got a coupon for the cafe that we used for breakfast and they were able to provide a vegan breakfast.
You can’t get any closer or more convenient to the Desert Museum and this location made it easy to be at the museum when it opened.
We will come back just to enjoy the lodge!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

My granddaughter and I stayed here for a couple of days in her fall break. The room was very well appointed in Southwestern style. The manager did our check in and left us to share the whole place with another family. The exterior is well done with seating areas, a jacuzzi, and bird feeders. The whole atmosphere here is calming. Breakfast is done with coupons at a restaurant next door. The food is good, but the coupons didn’t cover the cost either day. We did the night telescope deal....well worth the $100.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Tucson to visit friends, and were delighted with our choice of accommodations. The room was gorgeous. Large, with lovely amenities, very comfortable bed, and the most calming enclosed patio with a fountain, desert plants and comfortable seating.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I booked the cat mountain Lodge because it was close to the Tucson Mountain Park and Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum - and was out of town a little. I loved the ambience. The Old Mexican room had lots of character and space and the courtyard was lovely. It was a unique experience if you like colour and quiet and want to visit the parks to walk and wander. Best accommodation I stayed in during my 6-weeks road trip through south-west US. My only regret was that my wife wan't there to share it.

Room Tip: I had the cheapest and loved it so the higher priced rooms I assume would be even better.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank alantQ2891TQ
Reviewed 25 July 2017

My boyfriend and I were fortunate enough to stay in the "Old Mexico" room of the lodge. Arriving late at night, and with plans early in the morning, we were nervous that check in may be difficult...we were pleasantly surprised to be greeted by the lodges Gardener the morning following our late arrival, who quickly got us in contact with the innkeeper who graciously left her shop to check us in early so that we could remain on schedule.

After traveling all week throughout Arizona and staying in hotels, we found our room very refreshing and very homey. We made the long, and arduous, journey to Tombstone as it was a bucket list for us, and found that our stargazing appointment in the Spencer Observatory was greatly rewarding after a long day in the dessert.

Also, would highly recommend the blueberry pancakes from Coyote Pause Cafe (which I indulged in both mornings we were there), and my boyfriend very much enjoyed his chilaquiles!

Thank you guys again for an amazing stay and (VERY) warm welcome to Tucson!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple