Tanque Verde Ranch
USD 155*
USD 150*
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
La Posada Lodge and Casitas(Tucson)(Great Value!)
USD 122*
USD 80*
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
USD 94*
USD 162*
USD 137*
USD 228*
USD 199*
All reviewsmountain bikingkids programdog houselope ridesnature centerlope checkcowboy cookoutlope testblueberry pancakesriding lessonsold homesteadkids campbreakfast ridestom chambersrincon mountainshorse rideexperienced riders
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My Husband and I stayed at the Ranch in May 2012 as part of our Honeymoon. We were very pleased with our choice. The ranch is beautiful and we found lots of little places to sit at watch the world go by. If you do visit, be sure to make some time for the Hummingbird station, Amazing! Rick the naturalist defiantly knows his stuff and it is well worth spending some time at the nature centre.

The horse riding was fun and we especially enjoyed the breakfast walk. The 3 ½ hour mountain walk was lovely but a little to long for me. After 4 days the novelty of riding wore off for us so we filled our time doing other activities, Fishing Hiking ect! I will mention though, the Tombstone excursion we went on we thought was overpriced. $75.00 per person with a minimum of 4 people on the trip for it to go – The $75.00 was for the transfer only, an hour away if that! No packlunch was supplied by the ranch (even though we were all staying all inclusive) and when we got to Tombstone we had to pay extra to see the gunfight!! - that’s my only complaint :-)

The food at the ranch was really very good and we liked that during the week the Ranch held dinner in different locations. The Cookout was our favourite!

The Ranchers that we came across were friendly enough but we did encounter some guests who would say otherwise. Dontay was friendly and Jonathan the head rancher was great and what a dancer Jonathan is. Mike and Mark were also fine to deal with. The most helpful on the Ranch was Nicholas, the Manager – After some bad news from home he was very approachable and helpful to our situation. Thanks Again!!

All in all we have a brilliant start to our Honeymoon staying at this Ranch. We met some amazing people some who go back year after year and some like us were there for the first time. Defiantly recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emma H
GeoffreyFCampbell, Director of Operations at Tanque Verde Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

I am so glad you had a great start to your Honeymoon. Congratulations again! We are proud that you chose Tanque Verde Ranch for such a special occasion. Thank you for your feedback about the Tombstone trip. We will discuss your comments and see what we can do to add value to the adventure. It is amazing how close you can get to nature out here. The hummingbirds are one of my favorites. I love the nature trail as well. Every time I take a stroll I meet new critters. We are constantly looking for ways to keep our riding programs fresh. Next time you visit check out some of our new additions; I think you will enjoy them. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

spent 7 nights at the ranch in may 2012 and had a fantastic time all the staff were so friendly and helpful. the food was grate with a good choice and all ways plenty to eat with fresh cakes and treats every day and fresh lemonade to drink all day was nice and refreshing in the heat of the day. the pancakes on the breakfast ride were fantastic and a grate bbq in the cottonwood with a county singer and dancing was grate.the pools spa bike riding and fishing along with the riding and the mounting ride made for a grate holiday and the views from the rooms were amazing. and a drink in the dog house solon was a nice way to end the day. a big thanks to all the staff for a grate holiday.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us and thanks for the feedback! Seven nights is most certainly the way to go. There is soooooo much to see and do. I am glad you got to enjoy all the great things we have to offer; including the refreshing drinks in the doghouse. We will see you next time!

Reviewed 13 May 2012

(My family and I came in and stayed for four days and three nights. We have a 1 year old and a four year old.)

This is not a good place.

The horse riding lessons are a joke, definitely not worth the stay. The rides themselves were dull.

The staff varies between rude, indifferent and sometimes nice. Signing up for activities was an ordeal because they were so unhelpful.

The food is bad. But all you can eat! :(

The pool is nice, and the hot weather made it a good place to hang out. This is why it gets two starts and not one.

Overall, a big disappointment.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank MrBillyMac

It is difficult to justify such a poor response with so little information offered by the guest. Our passionate and engaged staff care deeply about each guest experience. It truly is difficult to find an explanation for such an isolated response.

I think this is a great place for guests and associates alike.

The horse riding lessons are carefully adapted to the skill level of the riders. Our wranglers have voiced great satisifaction in seeing the smiles of our guests as they learn new skills in our world class environment.

The rides are not dull according to the vast majority of our guests. The Sonoran Desert is unlike any other place in the world. We have several biomes replete with a diversity of fauna and flora available for our guests to enjoy on our vast unspoiled landscape. With so much to see and experience, it is difficult to understand what is dull about the experience. We also offer different paced rides for our guests, based on their comfort and skill level. Our Wranglers are talented professionals considered among the best in the industry. I am sorry you did not find them exceptional. This is not only my opinion, but the opinion of the vast majority of our guests.

Rude and indifferent attitudes would never be tolerated from our employees. Our selection process and training programs embrace talent and service. Everything we attempt to do is for the convenience of our guests. I am sorry this was not the perception.

Signing up for activities is meant to be a seamless process. We have recently moved our programs office to be even more convenient to the guests with a 24 hour front desk ajoining our programs office. We understand that with so much to do at the Ranch, some guests may not wish to stop by the Programs Office. This is why we approach every table every evening to ensure each guest is signed up for all activities.

In regards to food quality; I am shocked. I reviewed our surveys and logbooks attempting to see if there were any trends in regards to food presentation, taste, temperature or freshness. Our plated gourmet dinner is not all you can eat. In order to provide the custom meals we prepare each day, care is taken in the harvesting of ingredients and presentation for each plate. We offer a diversity of dining options to appeal to all of our guests. We have a great wine list and offer an upscale culinary experience to our guests. We also have an exceptional BBQ which some guests may consider "all you can eat." Trust me, with the robust cuts of strip steak we offer, they are quite filling.

We are reviewing all comments concerning food quality and working hard to ensure every guest has the feedback of exceeding all expectations.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

We had really nice time there trough our stay in July 2011.
The riding experience was good, also was the food and the lodging. We had the Hacienda Suite.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sebastian F
GeoffreyFCampbell, Director of Operations at Tanque Verde Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad you had a great time back in July! I hope you can visit us again soon. Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Tanque Verde for 4 days. We were amazed at not only the hight level of facilities but the amazing back drop it offers. We thoroughly enjoyed every meal including the bbq at Cottonwood on The Saturday night. Staff were more than friendly and helpful. We highly recommend this ranch for anyone wanting a western experiance with a little luxury on the side!
- Stephanie and Adam Roberts, Melbourne Australia

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Stephroberts76
GeoffreyFCampbell, Director of Operations at Tanque Verde Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us and your review! The backdrop is amazing! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope to see you again soon!