“Restaurant week, great meal!”
Review of Garde - CLOSED

Garde
Price range: USD 15 - USD 50
Description: Sarto is a Rhode Island-inspired Osteria & Salumeria offering a creative and modern take on rustic Italian fare. Celebrating the history and bounty of the Ocean State, Sarto explores regional Italian cuisine as part of the fabric of Rhode Island – its farmers, purveyors, and artisans. Inspired by his passion for regional Italian cuisine and deep roots in Rhode Island, Chef Andreozzi has designed a menu that explores the long relationship between the two. A thoughtful wine list and an innovative cocktail menu have been curated to perfectly complement each dish.
Reviewed 27 January 2017

Cute place, went on a Thursday toward the end of restaurant week. Food was delicious ( a little overpriced on the regular menu) pretty diverse. Atmosphere was nice, not stuffy but chic and clean. Server was a little casual and nonchalant for such a pricey place, but did check on us a few times and was prompt with service and the check. Check this place out soon, rumor is they're closing but I hope it's just a rumor.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

This was a spontaneous choice and we were not disappointed. The menu was unique and the chef came to our table to let me know he could alter my meal choice with no problem. He returned to see how we liked our meal. And the hazelnut mousse with sea salt caramel ice cream was to die for. The food, wine, atmosphere, and service were all worth the price. Great choice near the theater.

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

This is probably my favorite restaurant in RI. My lover and I moved here from NY having been used to having GREAT restaurant experiences. We've been to Garde numerous times and the food quality, the service and the consistency has been exceptional.

My fear is that I won't have this place to visit much longer because it is almost always almost empty. I can't understand why. They may need better marketing!!!

The only reason I don't give this place a 5 is because the hostess, no matter who it is, has consistently (I suppose that's a benefit) had zero personality and acts as if she has better things to do.

Anyway, LOVE THIS PLACE.

1  Thank JALawrence52777
Reviewed 6 November 2016

Good place for post show dinner. Intimate seating, excellent prepared drinks and food. Great apps and perfect prepared entrees. Desserts are to die for.

Management response:Responded 20 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your dinner here at Garde! We hope you'll be back to indulge again soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

Me and a friend have been at this restaurant two times, we just had some glasses of wine and a plate of mixed cheese. Nice wine, nice cheese, and nice staff!

Management response:Responded 20 November 2016

It's great to hear that you enjoyed our cocktails and charcuterie here at Garde! We would love to see you again soon!