“Easter Brunch 2018 and Next Years - uncomfortable time ”

Bluefin Grille at the Providence Marriott Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Bluefin Grille at the Providence Marriott Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 897 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Charles
Transit: -Kennedy Plaza, bus depot downtown Providence -Providence commuter / Amtrak rail, Gaspee st., downtown Providence
Description: "The Providence Marriott Downtown has a great way to offer "out of the box" ideas to enjoy its restaurant. My husband, some family members and I attended 2 Passport to Wine Dinners at Bluefin Grille, one in October and the other in November. The wine was amazing and Chef Chris did a wonderful job with pairing delicious food to go along with each of the wines. The wait staff along with the way the room is set up make for a relaxing and intimate evening. We have been to these types of evenings elsewhere and comparably Bluefin really does a fabulous job! We look forward to the next installment."
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for a personal and private setting brunch, this is not the place anymore. Unless, they go back to previous settings in which felt more appropriate for this type of event, and behavioral manners are addressed.

I would like to say thank you for putting this event as your intentions are well meant. The food is also good quality. However, I’m disappointed of the fact that the personal touch was lost and as well due to the way I felt I was treated. The event is not the same as it was at the beginning, and now has become more commercialized. Although, I understand the business concept, I didn’t agree with the approach. I personally don’t want to feel like I’m at all company work event, nerve remind eating in the set up placed but I had no choice because my two kids were so looking forward to have another great experience as we did when it first started. Wished I was informed of your new set up and the staff issue is out of company control but I hope this was was an individual/isolated case experience.

Now the observations: event taking place inside conference room for about 100-300 people I guess, the conference room had a strong smell of fish, couldn’t enjoy meal due to fish smell, the food was set up outside conference room hallway. To top it off, as soon as I finished my first meal while my kids are still eating, I am being asked by waiter if I want the check/bill (our reservation for 11:00, drinks served by 11:10, asked by waiter at 11:20 if I want the check/bill, I say no and I was asked again at 11:30, I say no again and finally I got the bill on top of my table without asking by 11:40). Rude, unprofessional, unacceptable, uncomfortable, and I personally think it was a waste of time we spent there and wished I had picked another place, or at least be told about the new set up of this event.

To wait a whole year for this family opportunity event, to be treated unprofessionally, to feel that you’re being rushed while eating, is very disappointed to say the least. Hope management takes this awful event as an opportunity to correct internal issues.

Best,
Joc

PVD_PR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Bluefin Grille at the Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Joc C,
We were so disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations this past Easter. This year we wanted to have the Bluefin Grille keep regular Sunday business hours for our hotel guests rather than end breakfast service early. So Easter Sunday Brunch was only served in our Grand Ballroom. This worked out great for the most part and we have heard awesome feedback from our Easter guests so far. Until we read your comments.
What you have swritten here is so valuable to us. Thank you so much for explaining that you love and look froward to this event. We want that to continue to be the case. We never want anyone to feel rushed or uncomfortable in any way. We will be sure to take all your feedback into account as we plan our next event. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact us in the catering department at 401-553-0400.
Jennifer Dahler, Director of Strategic Marketing & Communications

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I come here regularly to work in the lobby, and eat breakfast and lunch here when I do. I’ve never had a bad meal and the service is excellent.

The folks here know me and take care of me. Shout out to Ashley and Cristina Who always make me feel welcome and present me With a pot of coffee when I walk in.

Now that’s customer service.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I love it here. Very comfortable atmosphere. We have had our waitress Kimmee a few times.
She’s always made sure our dining experience is perfect. Great drinks and Kimmee is knowledgeable about the food and recommendations are welcomed as she always steers is in the right direction.
The Cajun swordfish is always great and their onion soup is awesome, too. She’s a great waitress and we look forward to seeing her again!!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Had breakfast here. You can do a continental or you can do a la carte. Nothing was exceptional but nothing was bad either. Service was a bit slow but it was a busy morning.

1  Thank Joel-Sheveck
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Even as a local, I enjoy coming in to the BlueFin often. The brunch is my favorite, the staff is always professional and courteous, and the food is always delicious. Today, the manager Christian and server Liam, were especially helpful when we arrived as the breakfast buffet was closing down. They accommodated our request for omelettes and buffet items anyway. Going above and beyond is not an exception here, but the rule and it is much appreciated.