“where i want to live”
Review of Estes Park

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
perth
3 helpful votes
“where i want to live”
Reviewed 16 November 2008

about an hour into the rocky mountains, colorado. a town around a huge mountain lake, skiing (snow and water), beautiful forest, mountains, lakes, snow, shops, mountain trams, and the most beautiful scenery ive seen.

3 Thank glitter_bunny
Lutherville, MD
22 helpful votes
“Our favorite restaurants!”
Reviewed 19 August 2008

Just returned from a gorgeous week in Estes Park and wanted to share some of our top restaurant finds:

1. Estes Park Pie Company made the best pies we've ever had - deep dish filled with dense fruit of unique combinations and a delicious crumb topping. No place to sit down, just for picking up pies you can watch them make.
2. Smokin' Daves BBQ is a new restaurant with great service, fall-off-the-bone ribs, juicy pulled pork, smokey chicken, and tasty sides including sweet potato fries, crispy corn bread and barbequed beans even our kids loved.
3. The Egg and I for breakfast was a highlight, especiallly the Hikers Eggs Benedict with fresh asparagus and an exceptionally good hollandaise sauce.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Brooklyn, New York
17 helpful votes
“Quaint Shopping area in the Rockies”
Reviewed 17 July 2008

I spent a few days in Estes Park with a local camp. The people were very friendly. There are a lot of little tourist shops in the summer that have art, teeshirts, jewelry, and other stuff. It was packed with people and there were a few nice places to each dinner/lunch. Headed into the town, there is a great view with a sign that read's Estes Park on a big stone. We stopped there to feed the fat chipmunks. Someone said they had a plague afterward. None of the people who fed them are sick though, so I think we are ok.

Minnesota
5 helpful votes
“My favorite place in the Rocky Mountains”
Reviewed 14 February 2008

How do I describe such a wonderful place? Estes Park, Colorado is the most beautiful place I have ever been. Estes is in the middle of the Rocky Mountains and is built along the Colorado River. It is a great place for shopping, sight-seeing, or other family outings.

About a year ago, I moved from Ft. Collins, Colorado to Minnesota, and I was not happy at all. From my home there, it was only a forty-five minute drive of curving through the base of the Rocky Mountains to the most beautiful town of all, Estes Park. The drive was one of the best parts because it was so beautiful to see all of the riverside inns and cottages between the road and the Colorado River. These roads follow the river all the way into Estes Park, where the river disappears only to be replaced by the valley in which Estes Park was built in. In the middle of the beautiful city is Lake Estes, which has a marina and a place to rent several types of boats. There are many bait shops in Estes Park, so one option for a family outing may be taking the family out on a boat to do some fishing.

Not a fan of boating or fishing? Then shopping may be the alternative. Estes Park has a ton of stores on almost every street. Instead of driving around to each store, it is easier to just park in one of the parking lots and walk along the streets. There are stores for just about everyone, toy stores, antique stores, art stores, jewelry stores, and many more. There are several food shops on each street as well. These may range from fast food like Dairy Queen to sweets like The Chocolate Drop and pretty much everything in between.

Now, I know shopping can be a pain if children are being dragged along, and if this is the case, other options may include, but are not limited to, horseback riding, rafting or canoeing trips, and places with go-karts, mini golfing, bumper boats, and more. There is also a place with a rug slide. If this is unfamiliar, it is a big slide with many lanes and usually a curve in the middle, and kids take a potato sack or rug and slide down on it. At some of these places, there is bungee jumping on a trampoline, and, in certain weather conditions, a rock climbing wall. Any of these places are ideal for children of almost all ages, including adults who are young at heart.

Looking for a great vacation? Visit Estes Park, Colorado in the Rocky Mountains, it is sure to satisfy all members of a family.

3 Thank sammierc413
South Carolina
11 helpful votes
“Estes Park is not really that nice....”
Reviewed 4 September 2007

Traveled to Estes Park September 1, 2007.
We were terribly disappointed with the trip, and don't see what all the fuss is about.
We ate at a restaurant called Redstone Restaurant - the food was not only bad, but the restaurant itself was not very clean.
My hamburger (ordered medium well) was served to me raw in the center - I politely asked for it to e cooked longer and could plainly hear the cook griping the entire time about having to recook my burger...he said I obviously don't know how to eat a hamburger and he's been cooking there 7 years and never had a burger returned.
Needless to say, I would never recommend that place to eat.
Anyways, the Stanley Hotel is not what we expected... its run down and shabby looking.
All in all, I think Estes Park is severely over-rated.
Go to Aspen or Vail instead.

1 Thank Schicklett3

Been to Estes Park? Share your experiences!