“Wonderful getaway weekend”
Review of Stanley Hotel

Stanley Hotel
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed two nights in room 327. This was our first stay and it won't be our last. The hotel is beautiful with old historic charm. We felt like we were in the first class accommodations of the Titanic without the fear of ice bergs! We loved the woodwork, the writing desks in the hallways and the old wood furniture everywhere. We enjoyed the Cascades restaurant very much and loved the historic cocktail menu! From the hotel we were minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park and cross-country skiing. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Room 327 was very nice. It is one of the two rooms in the front with the oval windows.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
CalleaSherrill, Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Thanks for taking the time to tell us that you enjoyed your stay in our historic and charming hotel. We're glad to know you will be back!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stayed on the 4th floor which is supposedly the more haunted floor. No solid concrete evidence of paranormal, but lots of weirdness and feelings of creepiness. The staff was awesome...from the front desk, to the tour guide, to the cleaning crew and cafe clerk!!!! WILL go back later this year!!! Thanks for a great stay!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Thanks for coming for a visit. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed 2 nights at the Stanley in the Summer of 2010, my room was on the 2nd floor, can't recall the number but it was down the hall from the famous room 217. A film crew from an obscure Ghost Hunting show(don't remember what the show was called) was filming that night in room 217. The staff was quite friendly and helpful upon check in, they were genuinely happy to be of service to us. Now to my weird experience, the toilet in the bathroom is built up somewhat and not flush with the rest of the bathroom floor, I didn't discover this until just before I backed up to the toilet to sit down when the back of my heels caught the ledge and almost made me fall back hard onto the toilet seat, I caught myself by my arms on the sink before slamming down hard, I almost tripped and fell on my rump. I laughed at myself aloud and made a mental note to be careful next time. Sometime in the middle of the night, I was awoken by a small child, undistinguishable male or female at first, at the side of my bed, I'm a very sound sleeper, nothing wakes me, I sat up and stared at this child, I determined it was a boy in night clothes, I thought it was a girl at first because he had a nightgown and sleeping cap on, but his short hair made me decide he was a he. He was very upset and kept asking me if I could help him and that he needs help and then I asked him "How can I help you"? He told me that he needed a tissue and just after he asked me my husband sat up and asked me what I was doing and that I should lay back down and go to sleep. I turned to my husband and then turned back to the side of the bed and the apparition was gone. It was clear as day, not a fog or a shadow or haze, it looked like a real child was standing before me. The next morning I started to analyze what had happened to me in the middle of the night, I realized that in the bathroom a box of tissues sat on the back of the toilet and just maybe if I would've got up in the middle of the night to grab one for this little "boy" I may have tripped again on that uneven surface. Did he initially see me almost fall and hear me laugh at myself? I'll definitely go back to the Stanley, rooms are pricey but it's a very unique place in a very quaint town.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank darbaby1011

It sounds like your stay was an eventful one! Glad you enjoyed yourself and hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 2 March 2012

We drove through Rocky Mountain National Park to get to the Stanley Hotel, which I would definitely recommend! The views from the front of the Hotel are amazing! We went on the history and ghost tour in the hotel, which was very informative about the hotel and had some fun ghost stories. The staff in the hotel are very friendly and more than willing to accommodate you. The food at the restaurant was also pretty good. Not great, but good. We stayed on the 3rd floor of the hotel, which wasnt too haunted, in a corner room. Good view from the room. We also walked around the hotel through the 2nd and 4th floors (most haunted floors) at 1am. That was a spooky experience and would recommend walking around late at night, taking pictures.
Excellent experience in our 1 night at the Stanley Hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoeyDunne

Thanks for letting us know about your excellent experience at our hotel. The views truly are spectacular. Hope to see you here again soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

My friends and I stayed on the "haunted" 4th floor of the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO the evening of February 26, 2012. We purchased the "ghost hunting package", which included a $15 credit at the onsite cafe, 2 tickets for the ghost and history tour, and a K2 meter. We stayed in Room 412, which was at the end of a hallway, and did not experience anything paranormal, but we did have a nice time. The view from the lobby and grounds is absolutely breathtaking. The ghost and history tour was informative. The original elevator and other furnishings were pretty neat. One of my friends had a session with Madame Vera, the resident psychic, and she enjoyed her reading. Overall, we had a great time!

Room Tip: For supposed haunted activity, choose Room 401 or 428 if available.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katie M

We are glad to hear you had a nice stay at our historic hotel. Unfortunately our spirits are on a strictly volunteer basis, which could by why they didn't make an appearance that night. Now that you have the equipment, come on up and try again anytime!