Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
USD 304
USD 276
QualityInn
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
USD 228
Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
USD 278
USD 243
The Historic Crags Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
USD 425
USD 391
The Baldpate Inn(Estes Park)
USD 158
Dao House(Estes Park)
USD 246
Estes Mountain Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
USD 164
USD 151
Deer Crest Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
USD 181
Official Site
Econo Lodge(Estes Park)
USD 197
Hotwire.com
Blue Door Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
USD 176
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmurphy bedfall riverhot tuboffered suggestionshuge bull elkoverlooking the riveran upgradean older hotelthere is no air conditioningjoshkitchenettebalconyfireplacermnpcreekentranceoffice
Reviewed 20 June 2017

JOSH RUINED OUR VACATION. Arrived at check-in time and no one at office. Waited 10 min and received the key, Filthy room. Cabin #1.

Horrible manager who when told of filthy room didn't care. Upset me of course because we drove 9 hours from Nebraska to vaca. He asked what I wanted him to do ... I asked for a free night (we were scheduled to stay for 3) or his suggestion on how to fix. He said to vacate the premises in 10 minutes. My family and I were gone in 5 because there was no way we were going to stay there and I couldn't believe this guy asked US to leave because our cabin was in such poor condition?

THEN HE CALLED THE POLICE ON US BECAUSE HE WAS AFRAID OF ME? I am a veteran, I am not a pushover but come on dude ... really? The police were very understanding and sympathized with my issue.

THEN A CHARGE CAME THROUGH ON OUR CARD FOR OUR FULL 3 NIGHT RESERVATION? EVEN GAVE HIM TIME TO CALL OR REVERSE BUT THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING ASIDE FROM MISREPRESENT THE CHARGE AS A "NO SHOW". NOW I WILL DISPUTE THE CHARGE.

We left and stayed at Solitude Cabins, same price, way better value, cabin, cleanliness and service. BTW, Solitude Cabins even discounted a last minute room. NEVER STAY AT THE PONDEROSA IF YOU CARE ABOUT CLEANLINESS OR GOOD MANAGEMENT. MANY BETTER OPTIONS IN ESTES PARK.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank joelN8578TD
ponderosal, Manager at Ponderosa Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

The Ponderosa Lodge is a small family owned lodge, we are in our peak season and our staff at times is still working when a guest arrives. I was picking my daughter up from camp and had been gone 10 minutes when I received a call from my housekeeping manager. She explained that the gentleman that checked into the cabin returned to the office irate and began yelling at her, demanded to know who cleaned the cabin and began yelling at the other 2 housekeepers. They were all crying and very upset when I returned. Upon my return another guest arrived and I checked him in with this man noticeably irate sitting on the couch in the office. Once I could, I asked him how I could help him and he began yelling at me. I asked him to calm down so we could find a resolution, he could not. I asked what he wanted since I felt anything I said would help the situation given his aggressive, angry demeanor. He said he wanted the cabin (did not ask for 1 night only) free of charge. I told him that the request was not viable as the main complaint was cake mistakenly left in the fridge from the previous guest. He then continued to yell and I did tell him he could leave if he could not calm down. He stormed out of the office and returned to the cabin. After 10 minutes I followed and he chested up to me and I again requested him to be calm. I asked to see the "filth" he described. He would not let me into the cabin but went in to retrieve the trash can, then he began throwing pieces of cake and a grape stem at me. I then did tell him he had to vacate and that I needed the keys. He threw the keys at me and I felt it necessary to protect myself, staff, and property and called the Estes Park Police. They agreed that his actions were concerning and pulled him over soon after he left our property. I then inspected the cabin to find the bathroom used, a bed torn up, trash left behind and some of their luggage. I contacted the Police and they came to get the luggage for them. I did not engage in an argument or physical altercation with this man and knew that his anger was extreme to a dangerous point. He attempted to bully all of us. Because they used the cabin we were unable to sell it to anyone that night, the following night it did not book either, on the third night they had reserved we were able to sell the cabin and we refunded that nights' stay. It cannot be justified to physically and verbally abuse anyone as this man did. We did make a mistake and left behind 2 pieces of cake in the fridge. I was willing to work with the guest to remedy the situation and he refused. We live in a seasonal environment and this is a human business it is not possible to award a bully for something that should never have caused such anger. In accordance to our cancellation policy he was refunded for the night we were willing to fill.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

My husband and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary here in 2016. We initially just chose this because it was the most affordable we could find available but we ended up falling in love with this hotel. It was so quaint and GORGEOUS. We really enjoyed sitting out on the back patio and enjoying our coffee. Also, the owners and/or employees were so sweet and wonderful. We had such a great experience here and will be returning.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kalyn_Zupan
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights while visiting the RMNP. Loved the fireplace and all the nature surrounding, including the lovely creek out front. The first night we were there we had a minor issue that the staff quickly resolved. The rooms have thin walls so we could hear the guests next door partying until late, we couldn't sleep so we let the front staff know and they quickly spoke to them to quiet down, which they did luckily. The room was comfortable and very close the RMNP. I would recommend a stay here, and I would love to stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LadyLove25
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

The Ponderosa Lodge was an excellent stop just outside of Estes Park. Excellent and friendly service with overly affordable and fair prices! The host was kind, helpful and informative. Everything was clean and beautiful! We will be back someday without a doubt!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

We are in a lower level room with a queen bed. The room is quiet and very clean. There is a selection of teas, coffee, and cocoa to enjoy as we sit out on the back patio and watch the river flow by. There was firewood already in the room when we got here.
Great place to stay.