“OKAY RIDE!”

Sombrero Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: Attraction, Activity
Reviewed 26 January 2012

This place is okay I guess. It's one of the bigger stables in the area and the trail ride was nice. I think that the vews could have been better.

1  Thank Lycanman0187

Reviewed 25 January 2012

Accident there, they send you up mountains on farm horses not riding horses. There is more accidents from there then skiing accidents. Waste of Money.

2  Thank BrianCheryl
stablemanager, Manager at Sombrero Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

I disagree with the statement of a safety record problem. (you don't stay in business since 1959 and become an industry leader with safety issues)

I assure you that volume alone would preclude more accidents then skiing. I am not even sure what this means. January review?

As far as horses are concerned we do use a bigger horse for bigger clients. Riding horses vs farm horses is another question mark. Not sure "Never Awful" even went on a ride.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Fantastic experience from minute one. Becky greeted us upon arrival, loaded my family up with equipment and patiently taught my children the basics of how to ride(ages 5 and 9). We had a Groupon and took a 2 hour ride. The trail was picturesque and consisted of a large loop thru the the national forest. Our horses were well behaved and clearly well treated. Today was just incredible. We loved it.

Past reviews seem to confirm that the key to a great day is to get a fantastic guide... Therefore, I strongly recommend Becky. She was friendly, energetic, and just a real delight. We will definitely come back. Great day!

1  Thank ShelleySkier
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Sombrero is quite simply the most awesome place for horseback riding, tours, hunters. They care for their horses AND their customers.

1  Thank Trudeeee
Reviewed 1 November 2011

They had a huge array of horses in all sizes. The staff was very friendly. The views were amazing but the trail was pretty treacherous! A very good time!