I picked this place for a last-minute spring break trip to Estes for myself and several of my friends. The pricing was very competitive, the location was great, and it was one of the only places I found that had rooms that could accommodate 5 people.
The room was spacious and clean and had a great view of the mountains. The amenities were adequate (there is a small microwave and fridge in the room), but if you want a hairdryer you will have to ask the front desk for one as they do not supply them in the rooms. Also, if you pick a room that comes with a fold-out futon, it does not come supplied with linens and pillows, so you will have to ask for that as well. The room did come with a large flat screen TV and DVD player, which is nice to have if you plan to bring any movies on the trip, and I believe you can check out movies from the lobby as well. The TV did not appear to have basic cable, but had a wide variety of music channels.
My only complaints about the motel would be a) the pool area and b) the incessant construction.
The hot tub appeared to be in good shape and was well-maintained, but the pool area was absolutely rank. The pool had been drained and the debris left behind was left to fester in the sun every day. I would certainly suggest that if the pool is not going to be utilized, it should definitely be cleaned out, because every time we were outside, either near the hot tub or on our balcony, we could smell the overwhelming stench of sewage emanating from the pool.
In regards to the construction, we were awoken to the sound of power drills and hammering around 8 am on at least two occasions. The walls are thin at the motel and the sound really travelled, making it nearly impossible to sleep. Again I would suggest possibly waiting until a tad bit later in the morning to commence construction work, because it was so loud that it woke me out of a dead sleep.
Aside from these minor inconveniences, this was a nice place to come back to at the end of each day of our vacation. It is centrally located and we could just walk to town everyday, which was very convenient for us. The people who work here are very friendly and accommodating, happy to help if you have a question or an issue.
I think we would definitely return here the next time we vacation in Estes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Discovery Lodge. We are within walking distance of downtown Estes Park Colorado. Although we are located near downtown, the views of the Rocky Mountains are clearly visible and some of the best. Here at the Discovery Lodge you are located just 10 minutes from the Rocky Mountain National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Discovery Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Hotel Estes Park
- Discovery Motel Estes Park
- Discovery Lodge Estes Park, CO