“Dinosaur and a rock”

and 1 more site!
Econo Lodge
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Where do I start, first the room was extremely hot when I got in at 10:30 at night. OK I get it save energy, I look for the a/c and find it tucked in the corner of the room facing another wall I turn it down as cold as possible and all I feel is the cold air blowing back on itself and nothing into the room. Now it's time for bed king size bed. NICE. WRONG... it felt like it was 100 years old and you could feel every spring. The pillows! don't call them pillows, call them 2 inch thick pieces of STIFF material. Good morning. Time for a shower. Hot, cold, hot, cold... get the picture? Every time some one turned on a faucet somewhere in the building the water went scalding hot. I give the place a 1-star because their linen was clean and looks fairly new. Save yourself and go somewhere else.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 16 February 2017

I stayed at this motel few times in 2014, 2015, 16 and we loved it. The room was clean and we had a great view from our balcony. The owner, Vincent was very kind and helpful. The room was not expensive and we had a great time. Thank you, Vincent.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smoothtexture
Reviewed 26 January 2017

We had to stay at the Econo Lodge because everywhere else was fully booked. The room itself wasn't that bad. But the price is definitely too high for what you get. Staff not particularly friendly. Overall non the best place we've stayed. I can't say anything about breakfast because we decided to eat in town.

Room Tip: Definitely not the room facing the road on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2017

The price was good for this area. Compared to the other options this place was good.

The room surprisingly had a microwave and we were able to cook corn on the cob! No joke!

The room had 4 walls, 2 beds, and there were extra pillows, blankets, and furniture just sitting outside the rooms in case guests needed them, we needed it!

The shower was very interesting. The top was cold but the bottom spout was boiling hot! Not sure if it was intended to be that way.
The hot tub was a warm 68 degrees which felt really good in 40 degree weather.

The views were amazing! We could see the mountains from the parking lot. I have the memories here will last a lifetime.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

So i booked this hotel because my husband and i wanted to go on a short little trip to beautiful estes park. We didn't want to leave our pups at home, and this place was dog friendly, plus very reasonably priced per night, especially over Thanksgiving weekend. There is barely anywhere to take the dogs potty, it's mostly parking with a few grass patches. My dogs didn't like this what so ever. There were 2 beds, one was hard as a rock and the other was slightly comfortable. The blankets are so itchy, i couldn't sleep!!! It was awful! The water sucked, if anyone flushed a toilet or brushed their teeth the water would be freezing cold in the shower. The walls are paper thin and you can hear people whispering in the next room. The tvs are so old. It was absolutely awful. Oh, and to top it off, my dogs now have FLEAS. ugh! Nasty fleas!!!! DON'T STAY HERE UNLESS IT IS YOUR LAST RESORT!!!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple