“Perfect Getaway!”

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Livonia, Michigan
“Perfect Getaway!”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We loved this hotel and it was a great place to stay while we exploring Rocky Mountain National Park! We would definitely stay here again. The room was spacious and the beds were extremely comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Missouri
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My husband and I took our Grandson on a quick trip to Estes Park the Fall of 2011 and stayed at the Silver Moon Inn. The location is really nice because you can walk to town or to restaurants. We loved that its by the river and being able to sit in the chairs by the river at night with a bonfire. We had a wiener roast and smores in the evening after a day of hiking in RMNP. They do have a continental breakfast. Its not resort vacationing but who cares, your in the mountains. It is comfortable and we will return.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dbdl
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I booked a riverside room for New Years weekend and was so excited! The day before we were supposed to check in, I received a phone call stating my room was actually unavailable and that I was going to have a different room. I wouldn't have minded another room however, I had my heart set on the riverside and I was no longer getting one by the river. I asked for a discounted rate or even a room with a fireplace since I was not getting what I had originally paid for. They did not have anymore rooms with fireplaces, but the manager insisted the room I was getting was an upgrade so therefore that was my "discount". I gained nothing with that room except for extra space and an additional bed I had no use for. Larger, more expensive, or not, they had an obligation to find me a room anyways due to the fact that it was not my fault and that I had no place to stay. The manager offered me a 10% discount which was a whole $8.99 for the two-night stay. I asked if I could have a voucher towards dinner because to me, that was not enough. The manager refused and once again stated that the room with an extra bed was my discount. Then he offered me a room by the river for the second night. That was another inconvenience because then we would have to get settled in all over again. I explained how frustrated I was because I could have booked a room at so many other places and been by the river. The manager then stated, "I would be more than happy to release you out of your resevation for tonight (the second night) and you can look elsewhere." I was shocked! He was willing to lose my business to another lodging company instead of just making the customer happy and offering me a further discount! All I really wanted was for them to actually recognize the inconvenience they created for me and to offer something more than $8.99 off of my stay. It was their fault that they double booked a room and I am the one who took a hit for it. After the remark about how I could look elsewhere, that's just what I did! I took my money that I would have given them for the second night and booked elsewhere. I will never stay at The Silver Moon Inn. It is a nice place, but if you want to be treated with respect and get what you pay for, this is NOT the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011
9 Thank MomoB84
motel2, Owner at Silver Moon Inn, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
We do appreciate all of our guest’s comments. We are sorry to hear that the stay was not up to your standards. You were upgraded to a room with almost twice the square footage of the original booking, with extra amenities. There was no overbooking that occurred. The property is under going renovation, which should be done very shortly. Unfortunately our contractors were unable to complete that room in time. We strive to meet all of our guests needs and work with them in the best way that we can. A few different options were brought up to try to solve the issue that you experienced, but we were unable to offer a complementary stay as was requested. We do believe that we have the best guests in the industry, and we do appreciate all the patronage.
Thank You, Tom and Katy Hochstetler proprietors of the Silver Moon Inn
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We stayed for one night in one of the Inn's pet-friendly rooms. It was so pleasant not to be charged a pet fee for our dog, that we almost didn't pay attention to the other amenities when we were booking our stay. When we arrived, the staff was as friendly as could be, had great local coffee that was fresh, and the room was very clean. The bathroom was a little small, but it was so nice to have a fridge, microwave, real glasses in the room, etc. We loved our stay here!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank smile83839
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My husband and I went up on November 10-12, 2011. It was beautiful. Though this is set up with 3 floors and appears to be a hotel/motel, the inside of the rooms resemble a small cabin. They are decorated as one would expect a cabin to be. Our first room (210) had a wood burning fireplace which was lovely!!! After a snafu with the smoke not going up the chimney, we were moved to room 119, with an electric fire place. One of the newer and larger rooms. Also, decorated beautifully! From our room we could walk right out to the river. 119 had a private patio with a table and chairs- could read, eat, whatever, with the sounds of the river just a few feet away. The bathrooms look newly remodeled and are very nicely done.
We enjoyed the hot tub (clean and hot), the fire pit (with new wood each night), morning breakfast/snacks (fruit, pre-wrapped danish, granola bars, hard boiled eggs, large juice selection, coffee, hot cocoa, ect).
It is a very short walk into town! Lunch, dinner, ice cream and shops are all within a short walk. No need to fight over parking downtown.
Overall a great and relaxing time! Thank you to Adam and the other front desk guys for making this such a great birthday weekend! We'll be back!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Pick a newer room on the far end (117-120 or 217-220(?) ) or a room on the top floor.