All reviews fall river hot tub gas fireplace wild turkeys full kitchen two bedroom cabin the king size bed bbq grill to rocky mountain national park close to town saw elk definitely stay here again front porch property tubs wildlife estes
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We've been visiting Estes Park for over 20 years and staying at the same place (which we will leave unnamed). On a spur of the moment trip to Estes since the same place has been going down hill as of late we decided to try Streamside on Fall River as every time we have been to Estes we have seen this property and it has always looked so nice and inviting. We decided to try a smaller room but upon arrival Julie (I believe) asked if we wanted to upgrade to a larger room. We did and were very happy we did. Not that we ever saw the smaller room but the larger room had a separate bedroom, living room with a kitchen and small dining room. As well as a bathroom. Mind you this isn't a brand new place but the property is very well taken care of. The rooms were very clean and came with dishes etc. so you could cook if you wanted. There was also a very clean full size barbecue outside with propane for those who like to grill. This was on your own outdoor patio. The room included a TV along with a DVD player. At the office were movies and games that could be checked out. The office staff was great and very kind. The complex appeared large but was well laid out. There was a spa I believe but we didn't get a chance to go up there so I don't have any info on it. The rooms were amazingly QUIET inside. My husband and I felt so guilty not staying at our usual place but I do believe we will try Streamside on Fall River again just to make sure we weren't dreaming. What a lovely CLEAN place to spend some quiet time. Did I mention it is on the river!!Looking forward to going again. We did get a break on the normal price so the made the room great.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2012

With so many choices in the Estes Park Area, we really lucked out with Streamside on the Fall River. We had stayed in similar accomodations years ago, but I could not remember the name of the place. Luckily for us we chose Streamside. I wish I had paid more attention to the names of the staff at the front desk, but we had 2 different ones during our stay and I cannot say one was more friendly than the other. Both were a delight, from the moment we arrived when we were offered an upgrade from the unit we booked (20A) to a king suite with fireplace, spa tub and full kitchen, for a small fee. We said yes and am so glad we did! Our stay was very enjoyable, and relaxing. We even thought we would use the dining card they gave us and spend some time in town at the local pubs, but when we got "home" from our days of hiking in RMNP we could not justify going out when we were already in a great place to relax. We had stocked our fridge with some good grilling food, and that was the most relaxing sitting by the grill as dinner cooked, looking out over the stream from our own deck. It was heavenly. Thank you Streamside and your staff for our wonderful stay, we will be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Second time I stayed here, but not much change in the past decade. Proprietors very friendly. Cabin 6 spacious, with king bed on a raised floor looking over the living area with TV, fireplace, and kitchenette; ambience lacking a rustic feel. An outdoor hot-tub, indoor small pool and yet another hot-tub a short walk from cabin. Situated among other larger lodging operations conveniently close to downtown Estes Park and RMNP. Clean, fairly private but I think a bit over-rated for the rates.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stayed at Streamside for 3 nights and we loved it. It is not ON the stream (as in open your door and get wet) but is very close. We loved the cabin we were in. It had everything we needed-a very nice sized refrigerator, microwave, an electric fireplace-very cozy and comfortable. It was easy to find. It was far enough from town to feel that you were very isolated but convenient enough to good roads to make going to town quick and easy (unless it was Elk Fest and overly crowded). All cabins were full but you have thought we were the only people there. I hope to go back. We also appreciated the dining card which gave us discounts at various restaurants in the Estes Park area.

1  Thank BeverlyB224
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We stayed at Streamside for the last two nights of our holiday. The checking in was very easy and we were given lots of information. This included details of local restaurants which was very useful as we did not intend to self-cater. The lady on the front desk was very friendly and really helpful. The cabin was a good size, very clean and with all the facilities we expected. It was not in one of the best situations on the site but this was because we had booked rather late and this was one of the last ones available. We had fantastic views of the elk herd that wandered through on one of our two evenings. It is only a few minutes drive to Estes Park and also close to the National Park. We would certainly be happy to stay here again

Room Tip: Try to book a cabin by the river