All reviews fishing pond ice cream socials trout liquor store swimming pool large cabin wi fi laundry room close to town worked fine big thompson river holiday weekend visitor center elk bathhouse estes minature
Reviewed 17 September 2018

We stayed here from September 14-18, 2018. This is our second stay. First things first. We arrived one hour before check-in time. When I approached the desk, the lady told me, "I'm sorry, but you can't check in until 1. Otherwise, we'll have to charge you an extra fee. We'll take you to your spot where you can drop off your trailer, but you'll have to come back at 1." The one thing I can't figure out is this. If the spot is open and available, and it was only ONE hour, why wouldn't they just throw us a bone and check us in? There was nobody else in the office. (When we DID come back at one, the line was literally out the door. Not very good time management skills.) Also, their "store" only had a few knick knacks. I didn't see any food, camping, or fishing items, with the exception of ice cream. I thought this was strange. They do sell ice and propane, however.

SO, we dropped off the trailer at our site. It's your average site, with water, electric, and sewer. Each site has a picnic table. I think our site was about the only one that had a tree. There is NO shade cover at this park at all. Also, there are NO fire pits. They have signs up everywhere that state that no campfires are allowed. They do, however, sell firewood at the desk, with the caveat that it is for the community fire pit in the center of the park. That night, about a third of all of the campsites had campfires burning. People brought their own pits and ignored the rules. The park obviously doesn't enforce their rules.

The park has a few recreational things to do. They have a pool and hot tub that are open seasonally, so they were closed when we were here. They also have mini golf and a fishing pond. The fishing pond is stocked, but you need to buy a permit to fish. It's $10.50 per person, per day. No catch and release is allowed. The mini golf course has been repainted since last year, and looks much nicer. It was very popular.

The showers are free, which is nice. They need to be updated, however. There are holes in the walls that have been patched and not repainted. Also, there are no shower curtains separating the showers from the benches and clothes hooks, which is frustrating. Water tends to spray everywhere, and your clothes and towel get wet! Seems to me like this would be a very easy, inexpensive fix.

All in all, I don't think we'll be returning. I felt like we were treated rather rudely, and they follow the rules that benefit them financially but leave the rest behind. There is nothing to set this park apart from others, and the cost ($68 per night, full hookups) is about par. When we return to Estes, we'll probably stay at the campground at Mary's Lake, which is much friendlier and has more tree cover. Or, we might even opt for Yogi Bear's Jellystone park, which has excellent customer service and a wonderful atmosphere. There are just too many nicer, friendlier places.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I have camped Spruce Lake RV resort for the past 4 years. It seems each year the thought or need for customer service is lacking. The retirees are very pleasant  and helpful however management was not. We got the "whatever" attitude.
If the services paid for are not available during your stay, you will be given the option to pack up and leave, with no consideration for your family and vacation, all while no refund of any deposit or fees. The resort then fills your spot with another customer who will have the same problems while being charged the resort fees.
With friends we had 3 sites this last reservation. Each of us paid for full hook up, $218.69 for 3 nights= $72.90 a night a piece. Pretty pricey for camping however that was not our problem. If you pay for a service, you should receive a service, if the service is broken, you should be accommodated and or refunded for the service paid but not received. We were told if we left that night, our last night, we would get that night refunded and nothing else.  I asked what about the last 2 nights/days without the services we paid for? When the problem was presented to the camp office, we were told they already knew about the problem. So why did they have us set up camp in this site?
On our 3rd day at the site we were offered to move sites, however, by listening to other campers they had issues with their electricity tripping their breakers too but at least theirs could be reset.  So the hassle of the move would not guarantee us electricity. Also, our friends did not have a tow truck for the day as she was called into work/hospital on emergency and we planned a fun outdoor excursion in the Rocky Mountains and un-hooking, packing up and moving RVs and sites would be time consuming and take away from the purpose of us being in Estes.
We planned our meals using devices needing electricity. If we knew we would not have electricity we would have planned our meals accordingly or brought our generator.
We decided to make the most of it. We went into town, bought more food items not needing electricity to prepare and decided we were going to enjoy the pool and hot tub after a long day, however, on the pool fence was a "The Pool is Closed For Repair" sign.
I can see if we were asking for a full refund. We were not. We were asking for a refund of the services not received, some kind of accommodation and for the owners of the campsite to be accountable for their resort and lack of services. Possible solutions or suggestions that would made customer relations better: refund partial payment, offer free fishing or other electrical options  to our site. Instead we were treated as if we were the ones with the problem.
Also for those considering this campground, there are extra fees. If you want to fish the cost is 10.50 a day per person with a 2 fish minimum whether you catch fish or not.
If you need to dump there is an extra $15 fee
Wifi-I got better service using my provider with wifi turned off.
Also beware, you are asked for 50% deposit for your stay. If you need to cancel, no matter how far out or what the emergency, you WILL NOT receive a refund.
This campground is not of resort calibur.
On a positive note it is nice to see the pond is stocked, the retirees are pleasant, the grounds are clean and as with any area in Estes, the backdrop is beautiful.
Unfortunately, will not return to this campground simply due to bad service and management. Frankly, management and CFO just do not care about their customers.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We spent the weekend of August 11th at this RV campground and I was very disappointed in the reliability of their wifi service. Of the four days and three nights camping there, the wifi service was without any interruption for only one day.

With a nightly discounted camping fee of $68.48 for a campsite with water and electric, no sewer, I would have expected a better wifi connection.

In fairness to the campground, I was offered to move to a different site but did not do so because we had to be at a dinner engagement within 30 minutes of their offer and were leaving the next day.

Based on this poor wifi connectivity issue and the "reception" I received from personnel at this RV park regarding this problem I would not recommend it to others.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed five nights with our kids and pups! It was a great time. Awesome pond for fishing, staff is extremely friendly and everyone we met was very nice! Great RV Park! We did not stay in a cabin, but they looked very nice as well. The shop was helpful and we were able to rent fishing poles for our kids to do some fishing. The path for dogs is fantastic, right next to a stream.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We stayed here for 4 nights. check in was good, computers were down but came back next day and finished paperwork no problem. Very easy to get to Estes Park. Seen Elk every day. One day in playground at campground. Hot tub was nice- a little hot for me but husband enjoyed. Cable worked fine. Had smores one night and free pancakes one morning. I can see where some people said it was tight to get a camper in. We were on the side since we didn't have any sewer and we had no problem getting in or out of space. Husband said shower house was nice, I looked it over when we were leaving and it was very clean. Used laundry facilities and that was very clean. Played minature golf, just need to get clubs before 5pm as office closes. Overall a nice facility.

Stayed: July 2018