When I read some of the reviews I wonder if we are all talking about the same place. Too many rules? What? Don't smoke and Please leave the kitchen as you found it. Wow. Terrible.
We initially booked out of all the choices because they enforce a strict No Smoking policy. We return because its a well run place with great people.
Chris and Kim didnt build the place. They bought it used. Each year that we have stayed we have seen renovations and repairs.
My family and I have been coming here from Maine since August 2009. We stay for 10-12 days on our summer stays. My wife and I will be making our fourth visit in April 2012 and returning for nearly two weeks for our 5th visit in August 2012.
We come for the hiking and mountain climbing. The hotel is just downhill from the Fall River entrance of the National Park. Just a few minutes from downtown Estes. The location couldnt be more covenient. Except for the upcoming April visit, we have always stayed in the same Lodge accomodations.
After hiking for 7-10 hours in the Rockies we love returning to the welcoming and very comfortable home style furniture in "our suite." And the bedding is very comfortable. Obviously we love that suite and always feel very at home in it.
Chris and Kimberly are very thoughtful people and jump to help. Last summer, we took a side trip to Utah to replicate a 2001 photo of myself and my then 6 y.o. son in a canyon. He was 16 last summer. Chris told us exactly what time we should get up and go and suggested a route. The route took us directly into Vernal, Utah and we were there by late morning!! The drive was stunningly beautiful.
Chris made some hiking suggestions to a part of the Park we'd not been to. We had incredible hikes in there.
As I said, great location and great owners.
The housekeeping staff is also wonderful and very friendly. Our experience has been highly responsive to any request.
Counting the days until the next stay. We hope they never sell.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 19 riverfront suites with private decks along the Fall River. Kitchenettes and fireplaces in every unit. Outdoor hot tub. Spa suites feature two-person jetted tubs with river views. One Bedroom suites have one-person jetted tubs.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Boulder Brook on Fall River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boulder Brook On Fall River Hotel Estes Park
- Boulder Brook On Fall River Estes Park, CO