“Nice seafood market and restaurant near the water!”
Review of Crescent Seafood

Crescent Seafood
Ranked #15 of 55 Restaurants in Crescent City
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We discovered this little market while searching for fresh seafood to take back home with us. We wound up ordering dinner and were very satisfied with our meals! I tried the crabcakes, which were better than most but still not lump crab meat. Shredded meat with a bit too much on the additives side for me. Nonetheless, they were tasty. The Seaside Slaw was very good. My husband tried the cioppino and was very satisfied. Some of the best he had ever had! But the star of our meal was the clam chowder. Simply delicious! We brought some back to the hotel with us for a later snack! We will be back...

1  Thank LakeshoreLady

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Family of 4 on tour of the Redwood National Park so we found this place on trip advisor and decided to try it. We weren’t disappointed . Crab cakes were very tasty, the smoked steelhead was good, the tuna sandwich was very good as well. Only drawback is don’t get the rice as a side .

1  Thank Bethany S
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

My family came here twice on our vacation and both times all of us really liked it! We came once to eat at the restaurant, and another time to their market. The food was great and the fish was fresh. I was impressed with the fish tacos, and the clam chowder was great. The people were very friendly. Couldn’t have had a better dinner in Crescent City :)

1  Thank Tim_Schweizer
Reviewed 29 May 2018

This place is yet to be discovered. We spotted it walking along the marina. But it is located two blocks off the highway, so you can have it all to yourself. Glad we saw that small lighted advertisement in the window. The menu explains it was a fish market until a year ago, when it became a restaurant too. You cannot miss the smell of all the fresh fish at the market side of the place.

My wife and I tried five items, and we were pleased with the freshness, size of portion, and price of each one. The crab cocktail was the most abundant I have seen. The wife like the crab cakes so much, I could not get a bite. She was so enthused about the mix of flavors in the seaside slaw, she had to ask. My yellowfin Poke had no fishy taste and was served with tasty seaweed! We each had a side of red potato salad with dill to get full – – and enjoyed it. The menu was full of other tempting and adventuresome options for next time. For the food and the service, think homestyle, home-cooked and laid-back – – that is the opposite of fancy. It felt good.

1  Thank Alan F
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Their extensive seafood menu can't be beat for freshness and taste! Their crab sandwich is the best in town and their tuna salad sandwich is delicious. Every time my husband eats one of their fresh oysters, he says "fantastic"! They have a fresh fish market and their fresh steelhead is divine on the grill. It is a small space, but worth trying. The staff is friendly and very helpful.

1  Thank Julie L