Dragonfly Ranch - Healing Arts Center
Manago Hotel(Captain Cook)(Great Value!)
USD 82*
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
USD 243*
  • Pool
Kona Seaside Hotel(Kailua-Kona)(Great Value!)
USD 176*
USD 165*
USD 1,197*
USD 607*
TripAdvisor
Kalaekilohana(Naalehu)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsdolphin roomquinoaoutdoor showerthe big islandunique experienceinteresting guestsbed and breakfastoatmealfruittree frogsthe main housenoise travelscoffee or teacreature comfortsmy entire stayshort drivesnorkeling gear
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I thought I was just getting a room but at Dragon Fly, I became part of the family. Barbara treated us like queens. The organic gourmet food is exquisite. The staff are very friendly and loving. They met all of my requests far above my expectation.
Everything about dragon fly spells OPEN, GENEROSITY and SOUL FAMILY!!!!
Colette Ryder
Kincardine Ontario Canada

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank colette r
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My wife and I spent the first night of our honeymoon at the Dragonfly Ranch. While staying here is not for everyone, we had a lovely time. First, the staff is so genuine, caring and generous. They truly care about their guests and do everything they can to provide warm hospitality. The views are amazing, and snorkel gear is available to take to a nearby lagoon. While the accommodations are rustic (screens instead of window panes, etc.), the rooms are set up beautifully. If you are looking for an adventure, and for an upscale camping experience in mountains of Hawaii, this is a great place.

It is important to note that this is not a traditional hotel. However, I would strongly recommend spending at least one night here to see a different side of Hawaii.

Room Tip: For someone who is on the fence about staying here, I would recommend the Lomi Lomi Suite.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I don't want to be mean, but I felt obligated to tell of my experience so others don't get in the same unfortunate situation. I made the reservation to stay for a few days hoping for a clean, healthy, ecofriendly visit. When we got to the retreat, we noticed cats and dogs inside and out. Also the place appeared in disrepair and poor upkeep; especially the withered flowers and greenery (not at all like in the pictures). I like animals, just not in my living space, plus my sister has a cat allergy. We couldn't stay because of the cats and had a very difficult and upsetting time finding another hotel that late in the day. When I told Barbara, she got mad and said, I knew you were not right for this place. I could never reccommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank 109nancym
Reviewed 11 February 2012

After a week of corporate sterility at a well known timeshare, we came to this welcoming, friendly, a little bit earthy bed and breakfast. Here, my kids learned where their food comes from. They picked papayas, kale, beets, bananas, and even cut down some sugar cane. Then we all got to eat what they picked for dinner that night. While we were there we learned all the different ways to eat a coconut. It was a wonderful place and we felt like this was a home away from home. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Really look at their website to see if you can be dragon flyer. The give a pretty accurate idea of how they are set up.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Robin F
Reviewed 30 November 2011

i've been there in november 2011, the place is in a really wonderfull spot, quite and with a beautiful view. The place is particular, pleasant atmosphere. "Rooms" are strange and enjoyable, but in my opinion the price is a little beat over rated compared to the service.
I suggest this place if you like to stay in contact with nature!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple