“an pleasand surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Rome, Italy
“an pleasand surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

it's my second journey in this town and i had a pleasand surprise when i saw the improvements that the new owners had made to this hotel.now it's very clean here and the atmosphere is cosy and frendly .the breakfast is wonderful ,with fresh fruits and really waflles.the new owners are very gentle and i'll certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

Stopped here May 7th on the way home from a three-week road trip out west. (three adults and a Boston Terrier) Didn't have a clue where to stay in Albuquerque. Just knew I didn't want to spend $$$$. It's an Econo Lodge so I wasn't expecting wonderful. The night we checked in, the wind was crazy and the temp was cold. When I went to the front desk, there was a candle burning in the lobby. The smell was warm and inviting. Really nice. We were exhausted and hungry from a long days drive. The woman at the desk gave us directions and a map to the Church Street Cafe nearby. I'm a vegetarian. I figured I'd have to compromise like I usually do but the restaurant turned out to be perfect. It's in Old Town, which is just minutes away from the Econo Lodge. The area is great for shopping and walking around. There is a Walgreens nearby. And the Turquoise Museum. Found the cutest belt, ring and boots at the Vintage Cowgirl. So glad I picked the Econo Lodge. Rooms were clean and comfy and the young couple running it couldn't have been more helpful. I'd stay here again

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Detroittraveler_12
Lockport, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Great stop! Host even showed us the room for our approval. Clean, roomy, and comfortable. Worthwhile.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bolomoto
Atlantic Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I recently just got back from my yearly vacation to Albuquerque Old Town. I stay at Econo lodge on central because it in 2 blocks of the plaza and everything I need is right there.
This year I was in for a surprise. Over the last few years it seem to go down hill but this year I met the new owers and was pleased at what I seen changed. I usually stay in 105 and I used to see things in that room that suggested I call a cleaning crew of my own. This trip it was so different and I wish to Thank John and his wife Alice for the improvements. The shower was clean and I can see were the issure of cleaning have been address. The bed was much more comfortable then before. If I need anything they were right there. Including my rides to rail statiion.
I would suggest it before but now I can with a smile, John keep the good work up. The ideas you have are working. I most definitly will see you both in March. This hotel is so convient to everything and now a smile when I go have my breakfast, Thank you once again
Mary ann in Florida,

Room Tip: 105 to 125 are usually good rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank varen
Kalona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I have stayed here several times and the last time (November 2011) the place was beginning to seem like a dump. Reluctantly I booked a room there for this month, March 2012. What a pleasant surprise to find new owners who truly care about the property and are committed to making much needed improvements to the property. They had already expanded the breakfast selection and cleaned the property up. I loved being greeted by name and knowing that they were willing to meet my needs while there. If you have been soured by this motel in the past, give it another try. I think you will find much to feel good about because of the caring of the new owners.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo