All reviews outdoor mall within walking distance room layout shopping and restaurants wet bar coronado mall hotel is located sitting area free breakfast decent breakfast yogurt location is great rooms are large business trip the hotel is clean the breakfast area easy access
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

WARNING!!! We booked a room over six months in advance with free cancellation at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown.

We were notified by Frontier Airlines that they no longer fly to Albuquerque on Tuesdays and they had moved our departure flight up one day.

We contacted Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown and informed them through no fault of our own we need to check out one day earlier.

They denied our request and told us it would be a new reservation and they wanted a $100 a night higher rate for each of the 3 nights!!! And this verdict comes from a manager no less.

This is a classless act that you usually only see from low end sleazebag hotels.

HYATT YOU HAVE LOST ALL MY FUTURE BUSINESS....DO NOT STAY AT HYATT

I welcome Hyatt Corporate to contact me personally!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for one night before flying out. Convenient and comfortable. Plenty of restaurants withing walking distance. Good breakfast. Friendly people. One minor complaint is lack of coordination between the online check-in and check-out and the housekeeping team. Room not ready when we arrived a half hour after our stated arrival time; housekeeper knocking at our door 2 hours before we said we were checking out. Opportunity for management here.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2018

We visit Albuquerque regularly, and usually stay in the downtown historic district. This time we decided to stay uptown for a change and we weren't disappointed. The hotel is nicely appointed, and the rooms are amazing. They are roomy, well kept, quiet, and have everything you would want. The bed was comfortable, air conditioner was quiet, and the bathroom was spotless. We had checked in online, and it didn't honor our request for a room away from the elevators and ice machines. When we arrived, they immediately changed (and upgraded us) to a room that suited our request. The Hotel is within walking distance to several good restaurants, Total Wine, and 2 shopping centers with something for everyone. I highly recommend this facility!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing North. Beautiful Mountain view.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2018

This hotel is perfect. No matter where we need to go in ABQ, we always stay here. The entire hotel is always super clean. The rooms are very comfortable, with room to move around. The entire staff is always courteous. courteous. It is conveniently located next to a great shopping area and I-40

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Let me begin by saying I used to associate the Hyatt brand with above-average accommodations, so that's what I was expecting when my family and I stayed in Albuquerque over Labor Day weekend. Unfortunately, this hotel proved to be average in most every way and - worse - below average in a couple of key areas.

To begin with the positive, and as many have mentioned, the location is excellent. Centrally located and close to both shopping/dining and highways, I would definitely choose this area of town again. The hotel itself was mostly OK, with friendly staff, average furnishings, and a decent breakfast. My first impression was disappointing, however, as when first walking in the lobby was much smaller and darker than the photos I had viewed on TripAdvisor. There was also a slight, unpleasing odor to the entire ground floor. Both elevators were extremely slow, but one - on the right as you face them in the lobby - was even slower and made a disconcerting grinding sound much of the way up and down. Another guest remarked that it had broken down a day or so earlier so we considered ourselves lucky it was at least functional.

Moving into our king guest room, I'm sorry to say there were numerous issues throughout. The carpet was slightly dirty in all of the corners, as if their vacuum hadn't reached there in months; the sliding closet door was tilted off it's track and difficult to move; the toilet paper holder was broken, sending the roll spinning to the ground if you weren't extremely careful in how you dispensed the TP; the pull-out sofa was your typical uncomfortable mess (fortunately we weren't expecting much here and our son is 4 and didn't notice), but definitely not suitable for an adult without likely needing major chiropractic the next day; the bathroom sink is in the room, so forget about washing your hands in the middle of the night without waking someone else; and finally the air conditioner. Oh, the air conditioner! When in fan-only mode, it was roughly average in noise and output. But when the compressor kicked on, it was time to brace yourself! The best way I can describe it was that a diesel truck was idling next to the bed!

All things considered, our stay didn't ruin our trip but I was slightly embarrassed to have been the one responsible for researching and booking our Albuquerque hotel with this as the result. It wasn't any deal, either, as the rate we paid seemed average for the ABQ area over the holiday weekend. I am curious how the ratings for this hotel are so high, but maybe we just visited during an off time? I guess the saddest thing for me is that my impression of the Hyatt brand has been forever altered by this stay. It's now evident that they're just another average hotel chain with hits and misses; no longer a name that means a step above the others.

Room Tip: I would choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family