2,074 results
All reviews front desk q bar casa esencia new mexico hotel restaurant within walking distance mexican food beautiful hotel hot air balloons junior suite balloon fiesta balcony conference wedding lobby southwest proximity
Reviewed 18 February 2018

My Girlfriend had a television appearance on one of the local Albuquerque stations and chose the Hotel Albuquerque because of location to the station and also the fact they had a hot tub/spa on premises so we could decompress after her demanding day. We asked the helpful front desk staff where it was located and how late it operated and the told us 10pm. We planned our afternoon and dinner around retiring t the hot tub around 8:45 and to stay around 45 minutes to an hour. We were surprised that security informed us around 8:55 that they were closing and we must leave. We asked to speak to management as we were told 10pm and the sign in the hot tub said 10pm. They said no management on duty and their hours had been cut and thy must close it and promptly cut the power to the hot tub. Our flight left at 6am the next morning so the front desk gave us the contact info for both the Hotel and General Managers. After returning home we reached out to management in an email asking for an explanation and some sort of compensation for the inconvenience. They did not respond at all, not even an apology and I followed up with another email 3 days later. It's been over a week and not a peep. The hotel was average for the cost, the staff was very friendly, but the experience was tainted by the inability of the management, Mr. Montoya and Ms. Torres, specifically. We will never consider their hotel again because of them. Sad really, it was the only negative experience on our first visit to Albuquerque.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank 629billc
JenniferT_HAOT, Front Office Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Good Morning,

Please accept my sincere apology for not reaching out to you. I unfortunately did not receive an email. I would love to love an opportunity to speak with you. My direct line is 505-222-8748. I am in the office Tuesday-Saturday this week.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

My sister and I came down for a ladies weekend with our cousins. Everything about this hotel was impressive and charming. We had the pleasure of checking in with Chelsea who was very knowledgeable in the Old Town history and places around the city we should see. She even walked us to the room and let us know where everything was located within the hotel. Best check-in experience ever!! Thank you Chelsea for making our first stay in Albuquerque memorable. We usually just head straight to Santa Fe. Also thank you to the lovely staff in Gardunos and the sweet lady in the gift shop.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Valerie, Cesar, Heidi, Katelin, and Jennifer were very cheerful asset for the corporation, it was a pleasure to meet them- we may come again. The hotel was clean and very good service from all the staff.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2018

I was staying at a sister property for one night and found the rooms dated, with poor sound insulation-but cool lobby interior and wonderfully friendly staff. I voiced my concern and they immediately offered me accommodation at this location. Upon arrival, the hotels systems were down to register me in. So I was thinking hmm.....so I had a great chat with Katelin and Joe and came back later. They were very accommodating, gave me a free breakfast voucher and a great room up on high with an amazing view of the entire city and Old Town looking south. All the staff was wonderful, and the hotel had all the amenities one needs including a great gift shop, decent restaurant bar, nightclub bar, conference rooms, free parking, walking distance to Old Town and a spacious lobby with fireplace, and tourism services. I would strongly recommend staying here for all these features. The Only advice would be for management to fix what I called the gas station restrooms in the lobby. Ive seen better restroooms at truckstops. I would be embarrassed to allow business travelers to utilize them. But my understanding is that they are going to be remodeled so heres to hoping.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Very nice room with view. The entire hotel architecture and ambiance is in tasteful Southwest style. The atmosphere is elegant. Very good restaurant and bar. My husband and I were especially impressed with the staff. Joe and Heidi in particular were friendly, efficient, and went out of their way to be helpful. Would that employees everywhere represented their employers as well. Used their advice to explore Old Town Albuquerque's unique shops, and restaurants. Had a great time. Hotel that we would book again.

Room Tip: A variety of room types based on size and amenities. Our single room with a king bed was very comfortable and room of average size.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple