2,074 results
All reviews front desk q bar casa esencia new mexico hotel restaurant within walking distance mexican food beautiful hotel hot air balloons junior suite balloon fiesta balcony conference wedding lobby southwest proximity
Reviewed 16 February 2018

My sister and I came down for a ladies weekend with our cousins. Everything about this hotel was impressive and charming. We had the pleasure of checking in with Chelsea who was very knowledgeable in the Old Town history and places around the city we should see. She even walked us to the room and let us know where everything was located within the hotel. Best check-in experience ever!! Thank you Chelsea for making our first stay in Albuquerque memorable. We usually just head straight to Santa Fe. Also thank you to the lovely staff in Gardunos and the sweet lady in the gift shop.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Valerie, Cesar, Heidi, Katelin, and Jennifer were very cheerful asset for the corporation, it was a pleasure to meet them- we may come again. The hotel was clean and very good service from all the staff.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2018

I was staying at a sister property for one night and found the rooms dated, with poor sound insulation-but cool lobby interior and wonderfully friendly staff. I voiced my concern and they immediately offered me accommodation at this location. Upon arrival, the hotels systems were down to register me in. So I was thinking hmm.....so I had a great chat with Katelin and Joe and came back later. They were very accommodating, gave me a free breakfast voucher and a great room up on high with an amazing view of the entire city and Old Town looking south. All the staff was wonderful, and the hotel had all the amenities one needs including a great gift shop, decent restaurant bar, nightclub bar, conference rooms, free parking, walking distance to Old Town and a spacious lobby with fireplace, and tourism services. I would strongly recommend staying here for all these features. The Only advice would be for management to fix what I called the gas station restrooms in the lobby. Ive seen better restroooms at truckstops. I would be embarrassed to allow business travelers to utilize them. But my understanding is that they are going to be remodeled so heres to hoping.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Very nice room with view. The entire hotel architecture and ambiance is in tasteful Southwest style. The atmosphere is elegant. Very good restaurant and bar. My husband and I were especially impressed with the staff. Joe and Heidi in particular were friendly, efficient, and went out of their way to be helpful. Would that employees everywhere represented their employers as well. Used their advice to explore Old Town Albuquerque's unique shops, and restaurants. Had a great time. Hotel that we would book again.

Room Tip: A variety of room types based on size and amenities. Our single room with a king bed was very comfortable and room of average size.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maryloualso
Reviewed 10 February 2018

I love a room on a higher floor with a balcony - if you're lucky you might see a hot air balloon peacefully floating above the city while having your morning coffee. The hotel is comfortable but a little outdated and could be a little cleaner in the common areas. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Nicely located near the heart of Albuquerque.

Stayed: November 2017