“Loved it!”

Hotel Andaluz
Ranked #8 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed at the Andaluz while celebrating our anniversary and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We dined at Lucia one night and went upstairs afterwards to the rooftop lounge to continue the evening. Our room was not huge, but well organized and very comfortable. All the staff we encountered were friendly, helpful and always courteous.
There are several excellent restaurants within walking distance along Central, east of the train station which we also explored while staying in the area.
I wouldn't hesitate to go back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2012

Dear KT32,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are honored to hear you chose to celebrate your anniversary at our property and had such a wonderful experience. Congratulations! And here's to many more anniversaries to come!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Andaluz is a locally owned hotel with stunning decor, artwork, architecture. I don't see arches very often in Boston, and I must say I find them to be very romantic - they were everywhere in Andaluz. The restaurant, Lucia, as well as the bar, Ibiza, both had an aura of sophistication (and mystery!). Overall, I was in Albuquerque for a week, and this was the only hotel that actually exceeded expectations. You MUST stay here!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Anooprerna
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2012

Dear Anooprerna,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled to hear your stay was filled with positive interactions, and truly honored that you chose us to be your host hotel for the week. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Beautiful spaces, well appointed room in a hotel centrally located. After a very long day traveling thru desert it was nice to return to civilization when we pulled up and had a friendly doorman help us to our room. We were able to have our dog in the room and although we did not eat in the restaurant downstairs it looked very nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Dear travelmom028,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy to hear you had a positive experience and thrilled that you chose to share it with us! We look forward to your return and maybe next time around you will have an opportunity to experience Lucia!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Hotel Andaluz is gorgeous hotel. The staff was very kind. Be sure to read about their renovation. I thought it was interesting. Be sure to hit the bar or better yet the lounge suites (all a different theme) for a fabulous Happy Hour. The bacon wrapped dates are out of this world and were are favorite. The drinks were all very yummy. We tried most of them! They also had a singer and pianist on Thursday evening. The beds were very comfortable as were the pillows. The complimentary soaps and lotions are in large containers as to not be wasteful. All of them had a lovely smell and felt wonderful. I didn't use their shampoo and conditioner but my Mom did and we both bought products to bring home. The also gave us a fabulous military discount. If we go back to ABQ we will be staying with them for sure!

Room Tip: We had 2 different rooms and they were both wonderful so not sure you can pick a bad room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear SpaDiva73,
Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy to hear your stay was filled with positive expereinces in not only your room but in other outlets of the hotel. I agree! The bacon wrapped dates are out of this world!
We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

I called Expedia to make the reservation and was assured I would have a room with a deep soaking tub as I had seen in the pictures on the website so I booked the room. I called the hotel a couple of days before to confirm the room and was told that I did not, in fact, have the room I requested. I was informed those rooms are only available for booking through the hotel. My husband and I were looking forward to a nice, relaxing getaway after a difficult week. I was lucky enough to speak with JENNY and she booked me a room that I had requested, even saying she would put us in her favorite room (room 810). So friendly, & understanding and that is hard to find these days when booking reservations. She did so much to help me get the kind of room I wanted! When we arrived at the hotel I was pleasantly surprised! It was unique, with a beautiful entry way and lobby. We were greeted and immediately taken to check in. We were told if anything did not meet our expectations to please let them know immediately. We then reserved a Casbah which I HIGHLY recommend! They invited us to walk through them and choose the one that we prefer. Our room was beautiful. It was clean, the bed was very comfortable. The toilet was separated from the tub and shower in a different room (which was very nice). There was lotion, shampoo,conditioner and body wash on the walls above sink, tub and shower, very convenient if you forget yours as we did. When staying in Albuquerque my husband and I usually go out to eat and for drinks and then back to our hotel, but we never left the hotel! We had wine in the casbah we reserved, then we had dinner and drinks before heading to our room. THE MEAL WAS THE BEST MEAL WE HAVE EVER HAD!!! I highly suggest the half roasted chicken-you will never experience anything like it! Try one of their signature drinks, "I love Lisa", it was one of the best I've ever had. Our waitress was attentive, but also gave us our alone time without sacrificing great service. After dinner we took our drinks to our room, enjoyed our deep soaking tub and took advantage of the in room movies where you can rent movies that are still in theater. Overall it was a wonderful experience that I will never forget, I already want to plan a trip back. If you have an experience like ours you will not be disappointed!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Addishawn,
I am so pleased to hear our staff was able to make your stay special and memorable. We strive for the highest guest satisfaction and letters like yours make it all worthwhile. We hope to see you back soon!