“Good Location for Old Town”

Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn
Ranked #16 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This is a place I visit on occasion when I can get a good rate and I want to stay in the old town area. It is close to Old Town, Restaurants, and the Museums (walking distance). The rooms are very comfortable, clean, and spacious with fast free internet. The swimming pool was very nice too. For out of town travelers it has easy access to/from I-40.

Room Tip: Excellent place in a great location that can be an incredible value at the right price.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
dos1, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Although probably a random occurrence, the hotel experienced plumbing problems while I was there. I awoke one morning to discover a black liquid in my bathroom sink. When I phoned the front desk, I was told that another room near mine had a blockage and that someone would take care of it. I requested that my room be cleaned early, and when I returned in the early afternoon, it had been. Unfortunately, to deal with the plumbing problem, the water was shut off for about half an hour. The sink in my room continued to drain slowly but was taken care of upon my request. I was disappointed that the exercise room didn't open until 7 am, or possibly 6 am if you asked nicely. I had to alter my typical schedule by exercising in the evening. Other than that, my stay was average. The bed was uneven, and the fan coming on and off made it difficult to sleep. But, it was clean and within a healthy walking distance of both old down and the local food co-op.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
dos1, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time and posting a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear of the plumbing problems you experienced but am glad that we took care of the issues quickly.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

The room, restaurant, locations--all good. I was especially appreciative of the shuttle service, which took me to the Pueblo Cultural Center and picked me up when I called. This was not part of their advertised service. The drivers were delightful and helpful. At the reception desk I got plenty of help with how to navigate the bus system, and short cuts for the walk to old town. Best of all, I was told that access to the Bosque trail that led to the Rio Grande Nature Center was just two blocks away. The shuttle service, to & from airport and sites nearby, is what led me to select this hotel. A huge help, for which reason I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
dos1, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I've stayed at the BW Rio Grande Inn for business a half dozen times over the past year, and found nothing but great value, service and hospitality. Love the hearty breakfasts and cozy lounge with its outgoing bartenders (yeah, Zack) and regular crowd of young travelers. And, its a short ride by hotel shuttle to the airport. (Would be nice if the shuttle went beyond Old Town, since local cab rides are costly, but that's understandable.) Can't beat it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dean K
dos1, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time and posting a review of our hotel. For future reference, our hotel shuttle will transport guests to the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center, Albuquerque BioPark (Zoo, Aquarium & Botanical Gardens), Old Town Plaza, Airport and Amtrak/Railrunner Station.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Without being noisy, this hotel is very well located to highway access and a main thoroughfare to other attractions. We spent a wonderful couple of hours our first night decompressing at the bar with a terrific bartender. We ate at the restaurant the second night, and were extremely please as well as surprised at how good the food was.
The room was spacious and clean, with very lovely southwestern decor. Our most pleasant room so far o the trip.
The counter personnel worked very hard at setting us up in a location that best fitted our needs and the room rate was reasonable for the return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaryAnn H
dos1, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012