“Everything the review say and more” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mauger Estate B&B

Mauger Estate B&B
Ranked #3 of 15 Albuquerque B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Washington
“Everything the review say and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed four nights at the Mauger B&B to attend a conference at the Albuquerque Convention Center. The location is very convenient to downtown (six short blocks to the convention center) so I didn't need a rental car. Because I was working and needed quiet, I stayed in one of the condos behind the estate, which was great. Two bedroom, two bath townhouse with a balcony off the master bedroom and a fenced in veranda off the kitchen. Super quiet, super clean, and convenient. This would be suitable for families, couples, or business. Staff at the B&B are very congenial. There is wine and light snacks in the evening and a great breakfast of coffee, juice, fruit, home made granola, fresh baked goods, meat and a a hot dish of either a quiche, bread pudding or fritata. All for a very reasonable price. All of the rooms were running full with a variety of pleasant business persons couples and vacationers. The wifi signal was rather weak in the condo, since it is across the street, but I had an AT&T link available, so that did not matter.

I highly recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: I did not see the rooms in the main house, but was sold on the condo.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

The inn is gorgeous - the owner has expertly mixed antiques and period decor with newer art, unique plants, and modern conveniences. And my room (2A) was enormous, with a painted headboard, a tiled sink built into an antique cabinet, a large sitting area, a walk-in closet, and more. I found myself gravitating to the inn, with its lovely porch and home-baked cookies and sun-drenched breakfast room when I should have been exploring the city. And the food was the best I had in Albuquerque.

I would describe the location as central but not in the heart of anything. I had a bike and used it to get downtown, where I found frequent buses to take me up to Nob Hill and the University in just a few minutes. I could have walked down to the bus station but it wouldn't have been scenic. I also walked to Old Town Plaza and the museums one morning, but it was not the prettiest walk (interesting, though, to see Albuquerque's residential streets). With a bike or a car the location is ideal.

I will definitely be back and will be recommending this B&B to friends and family.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
North Myrtle Beach, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

We have now stayed at the Mauger House twice and look forward to staying again the next time we visit ABQ. The house and rooms are beautiful, the location could not be better, and innkeeper Tammy is exceptional. I won't repeat things already said by others but will simply say that if you stay here you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room 2B has a lovely little balcony atop the front porch. Afternoon sun makes it a wonderful spot.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Clovis, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

We spent two separate weekends in the two available townhouses. The accommodations perfectly suited our needs. The bedrooms were spacious, the kitchen was equipped with all the essentials and the yard was great for privacy. Although the townhomes were part of a complex, we were still able to enjoy the charm of staying at a B&B. We were still able to join the other guests for breakfast and the wine and cheese happy hour. The food was delicious and of excellent quality. I could tell that everything was from scratch and had local flare (green chile quiche).

The location is also perfectly situated in downtown Albuquerque. Close to the major freeways and shopping and dining.

We loved it there so much that we returned for a 2nd trip.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bd67
HUNTINGTON BEACH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

We stayed 5 nights at the Mauger B & B during the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. Lovely B & B! Fabulous old mansion with great front porch area for relaxing and reading. Our room was very comfortable and nicely decorated. Included a small fridge in room, coffee maker and other amenities to make our stay enjoyable. Breakfasts were so yummy! A hot dish, some kind of breakfast meat, fresh fruits, and always great breakfast breads like blueberry scones, and the delish strawberry cream muffins. Innkeeper Tammy was kind enough to give out recipes for any dish if you wanted. Plus wine and cheese each evening gave us a chance to relax and visit with other guests which is a reason my husband and I especially enjoy staying at B & B's. Tammy would prepare an early breakfast when we went to early events at the Balloon Fiesta. Tammy and staff were so accommodating and nice, they made our stay very special.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple