“Absolutely delicious!!! ”

Ranked #258 of 1,966 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Azuma Sushi & Teppan is an all-time award-winning Japanese restaurant in Albuquerque for over the decade. We provide customers with outstanding and fresh handcrafted sushi made by our skilled and dedicated sushi chefs. Azuma offers the unparalleled combination of thoughtful design and high quality Japanese cuisine to accommodate all of our guests' needs. Our Teppan grill tables are the popular and favored dining experience for families and friends by our talented Teppan chefs with the most unforgettable cooking live show.As soon as you walk into Azuma Sushi & Teppan, you know you're in for more than just a meal. From our modern interior to our award-winning menu, every element of our locations were thoughtfully designed to satisfy the senses. Watch our talented Teppan chefs bring our menu to life right before your eyes, or explore our handcrafted sushi offerings. Whatever route you take at Azuma, all roads lead to an unforgettable experience.
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for lunch after not having visited for over 10 years. We ordered more than we should have, but enjoyed every bite. Our favorite roll was the Tiger's Tear roll. It was amazing.. We are usually pretty picky with sushi and it was all awesome... Did not give it 5 stars bcz I did spend a few dollars more than I thought I should have but still fantastic.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

I don't know why, but I had very high expectations for this restaurant; not to say that it was unpleasant.
The staff was friendly yet forgetful, the miso soup was above average, the appetizers were decent, and unfortunately, the sushi was way too big and contained too much rice. In my opinion, it wasn't really worth the high check in the end. If you're in the ABQ area I recommend a different restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 5 July 2016

Always delicious we sat at the grill and Alejandro was prepared our food. His skills are awesome and everything was cooked perfectly. Azuma always has the best sushi in NM

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

We ate here for dinner. My husband had a Teryaki Duponi Bowl, I had an order of the Monkey Ball sushi roll, and we ordered gyoza for our daughter.

The food was good. I really only have two complaints.

1. The high chair did not have any straps. This might be fine for some children, but my daughter is an escape artist and a lack of straps makes the high chair unsafe for her.

2. There were a few gnats flying around. Not enough to make me think the place was dirty, but just a couple that were annoying.

Overall, I'd say that the meal was good. The atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. And family friendly.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 8 June 2016

We stop at Azuma's when in Albuquerque as much as possible! They have great service and food. The chefs are both skilled and entertaining! Kids will love it. Great food and you won't leave hungry. Excellent sushi!

Date of visit: November 2015