“Absolutely delicious!!! ”

Ranked #239 of 1,857 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Whether you want to spend a romantic night out with a loved one or want to enjoy a fantastic meal with friends, family, we are truly the premier Japanese restaurant in town. Our teppan chefs provide a unique dining experience for all our customers, and that is the reason why we are such a popular dining attraction locally over the decade. Teppan, also known as teppanyaki, is a traditional form of Japanese cooking that involves cooking an assortment of chicken, steak and seafood items on an iron grill, you are able to eat them straight off the grill, you get to watch the food to be made right in front of you. There is no better way to enjoy a meal with family and friends than by coming to Azuma Sushi & Teppan and watching our teppan chefs and the talent sushi chefs work their magic.
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for lunch after not having visited for over 10 years. We ordered more than we should have, but enjoyed every bite. Our favorite roll was the Tiger's Tear roll. It was amazing.. We are usually pretty picky with sushi and it was all awesome... Did not give it 5 stars bcz I did spend a few dollars more than I thought I should have but still fantastic.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

I don't know why, but I had very high expectations for this restaurant; not to say that it was unpleasant.
The staff was friendly yet forgetful, the miso soup was above average, the appetizers were decent, and unfortunately, the sushi was way too big and contained too much rice. In my opinion, it wasn't really worth the high check in the end. If you're in the ABQ area I recommend a different restaurant.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

Always delicious we sat at the grill and Alejandro was prepared our food. His skills are awesome and everything was cooked perfectly. Azuma always has the best sushi in NM

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

We ate here for dinner. My husband had a Teryaki Duponi Bowl, I had an order of the Monkey Ball sushi roll, and we ordered gyoza for our daughter.

The food was good. I really only have two complaints.

1. The high chair did not have any straps. This might be fine for some children, but my daughter is an escape artist and a lack of straps makes the high chair unsafe for her.

2. There were a few gnats flying around. Not enough to make me think the place was dirty, but just a couple that were annoying.

Overall, I'd say that the meal was good. The atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. And family friendly.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

We stop at Azuma's when in Albuquerque as much as possible! They have great service and food. The chefs are both skilled and entertaining! Kids will love it. Great food and you won't leave hungry. Excellent sushi!