“I love this gallery!”

Tanner Chaney Galleries
Ranked #19 of 103 Shopping in Albuquerque
Reviewed 13 November 2015

I always stop here when in town to treat myself. They have beautiful pieces of jewelry obviously carefully chosen. Informative and friendly. Everything is quality. Not your average tourist shop in Old Town. Will be back.

1  Thank Ellen P
There are newer reviews for Tanner Chaney Galleries

Reviewed 12 November 2014

This is not exactly your typical tourist shop in Old Town, even though they carry the obligatory pottery, jewelry, and blankets. The quality here is better than most. The pottery is almost entirely Mata Ortiz (Casas Grandes) pottery, not pueblo pottery as most of the shops here sell. It's fairly high quality too, as is the jewelry. I'm not knowledgeable enough on their other items to judge their quality, but they don't sell junk here. Unfortunately, the prices are also not typical of the Old Town tourist shops. In this case, you get what you pay for, or at least you pay for what you get. There are no bargains here, but if you're looking for a nice Mata pot or a special piece of jewelry, check it out. It's only a block or less from the square, but it's easy to miss as it's set back in a little plaza.

2  Thank TJG214
Reviewed 5 October 2014

While I do not know anything about the jewelry, carved wooden pieces, or other objects they carry, I do know a little about Mata Ortiz pottery and potters. Tanner Chaney is the go to gallery for work by the artists of Mara Ortiz. They have excellent connections with the artists, outstanding knowledge regarding the historical and contemporary artists, an excellent and diverse collection of pots, and very reasonable prices. They are friendly, thorough, and a real pleasure to visit. Based on my experience wih them and their Mata Ortiz offerings, I believe everything they offer is of the highest quality. And, when he comes in, their official greeter Charlie, is one of the friendliest greeters I have met - particularly if you are generous with the head and neck scratching. All in all, I highly recommend theTanner Chaney gallery.

1  Thank bicwood
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We purchased a beautiful red wool rug that was handmade in Mexico by the Zapotec Indians. The added bonus was the rug was on sale, so we receivied 20% off the price. Our sales person, Chuck, was very knowledgeable about the history and care of the rugs. Great selection.

1  Thank EVFK
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Over the past several years, on my annual trip to ABQ, I have purchased several pieces of jewelry. Whether it's a ring, bracelet, earrings, or a necklace, I've always found something to my liking. The staff is friendly and professional and always eager to help.

1  Thank On_the_porch