“You can be confident to get only the best at this shop!”

Tanner Chaney Galleries
Ranked #19 of 103 Shopping in Albuquerque
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We have been buying from this shop for 15 years. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. One must be very careful with Native American jewelry since the stones vary in quality and type. For instance, turquoise can be natural, stabilized, Southwestern, Chinese, etc. Where the stone comes from and whether it has been altered (or even plastic) all are important. We trust the staff here. Tom buys stones and jobs them out to some of our finest lNative American artists. They stand behind any of their products. I bought a fetish necklace a while back and a tail broke off one of the animals. They replaced the necklace for free. Twice, because I didn't like the first replacement!

Because of their unique connection with the village, their Mata Ortiz pottery is the best in the state. We're collectors and can always find an great emerging artist tucked in with some of the finest known artists from the region.

They also carry a fine collection of Alebrijes (wooden carvings from Oaxaca), rugs (both Navajo & Zapotecan), exquisite gold jewelry, Pueblo pottery and unique pawn & estate jewelry.

3  Thank SWFoodie
There are newer reviews for Tanner Chaney Galleries

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I have shopped here for about 4 yrs. I visit Alb.once or twice a year. I have found the people to be friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. They try and help you find what you are looking for in your price range. They are very informative about each item and the artist that does the work. I appreciate that knowledge very much;. I high recommend this gallery.

1  Thank diana t