“More than just a great meal!”

Duran Central Pharmacy
Ranked #49 of 1,819 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: In business since 1942, Duran Central Pharmacy is one of the oldest commercial establishments in Albuquerque. The pharmacy has grown considerably over the years, reflecting changes in the health and medical fields. The original soda fountain has grown into a small restaurant, serving New Mexican food and is famous in the area for its red and green chile. Duran's offers a wide variety of products from all over the world - from medicinal herbs to imported chocolates and fancy soaps to trendy gadgets. In addition, there is no better place for a genuine New Mexican enchilada or green chile cheeseburger!
Reviewed 27 October 2017

The restaurant inside the Duran Pharmacy is more than just another restaurant; and, more than just a pharmacy for that matter. It is a restaurant tucked conspicuously inside a novelty shop masquerading as a pharmacy (despite the name on the signage outside). The Mexican cuisine is delicious. Everything I have ever order from their menu has been great - my personal favorite being the blue corn enchiladas. I have frequented this establishment many times over the last few years, with the most recent being a month ago in September '17. Go for the great food; attentive service delivered with personality plus. Fill your prescription; then shop for some of the wildest novelties this side of Hong Kong.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Busy busy busy...first time visit for me....after having read that their Green Chile was awesome and their fresh Tortilla off the Comal was the biggest ever...and was the very best anywhere in NM....I had to go try it out...the Torpedo is what I ordered....tortillas was big and very good...but green chile...well average at best for my taste....nothing that would make me crave it and go back again...and since they were sooo busy...well..you have to settle for what you can get on that front... BTW..forget buying gift items in the pharmacy by way of NM products... their prices are for aliens from outer space !

1  Thank srfyogi
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I last ate at Duran's 10 years ago. They havent missed a beat! I had the tamale plate (Christmas style-red & Green chili sauce) with a flour tortilla and beans! The tamales are wonderful, with a light masa wrap arcound flavorful pork! The beans were these large pintos, seasoned just right. The flour tortillas are hand rolled, and lightly charred. I really like them! We will be back on Thursday for their Carne Adovado! It is also the best!

Mona G, Owner at Duran Central Pharmacy, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you so much for your great review. I am glad that we delivered!

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

The best red chile enchiladas in town. I am a native here in Albuquerque. This place is hard to beat.

Mona G, Owner at Duran Central Pharmacy, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Joel,
We love that our natives love us! Thanks for the great review.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

You can never go wrong when going to Duran's. Enchiladas are wonderful, the space is quaint, service is great and the chile is YUM-O.

NorCalExpert,
Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your business!