“Fit the bill!”

Scalo Northern Italian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Scalo Northern Italian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,819 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Carlisle
Description: Located in the heart of Nob Hill on the corner of Carlisle and Central, Scalo offers an atmosphere that is casually elegant and service which is attentive and knowledgeable. Scalo uses locally grown organic produce and offers classic handmade Northern cuisine with a seasonal menu that changes with the harvests.
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

So my fiancee and I went here on her birthday which also happens to be Halloween. Parking was my biggest concern going to this restaurant as it can be a nightmare. Having said that, we were able to park in the parking lot for all the surrounding business along with the restaurant, so that was an added bonus!!! All the waiters were dressed for Halloween, which while understandable given the holiday, kind of detracted from the overall experience as this is a slightly upscale restaurant. The atmosphere and lighting is wonderful but where we were seated was a two person table and it just felt cramped. Ordered some wine which was probably the highlight of the meal. Our carpacchio appetizer and entrees were good but nothing we were wowed by. The dessert menu also seemed underwhelming so we passed. Service was very good but kind of hard to take our waiter dressed as an elf seriously. It was a very enjoyable evening and experience though, hence the higher rating.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I celebrated my husband's birthday. It was very crowded that night, and fortunately we had a reservation. We were sent to a nice corner table. Seemed a good location, as I don't like the "dungeon" below and the bar in back smells of stale alcohol or worse. We waited a long time for service, and the food was extremely slow in coming. I noticed it was 45 minutes from order to getting food. The steak on my plate was cold and dry, really awful. I wanted a better piece of meat but couldn't fined my waiter. Waiter didn't come back for 20 minutes, and I just wanted to leave by that time. Hubby's ravioli was okay, but i wouldn't cross the street for it. I won't go back. Ever.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

had a great dinner here on a Monday night( which was half price wine list night) had two home make ravioli dish's both were perfect. we sat up on the balcony, which gave a great view of the busy kitchen. Our waiter was all business at first, but she warmed up to us as the dinner went on. Had a hand crafted cocktail before dinner and shared a fabulous caprese appetizer along with the fantastic bread. Did not have room for dessert. One thing is for sure, we will be back. They have a mid-week 4-course dinner series that I will attend if I am in ABQ during the week

Reviewed 20 October 2017

When I saw how large and crowded Scalo was I worried that the food and service would suffer. We had reservations but still had to wait a few minutes to be seated. Our wait person was prompt and helpful. We did have to remind her of our wine order and ask for bread but she was there to help. The salad was tossed with a mellow dressing and could easily been shared with 3 or 4 people. The spinach ravioli was just the right amount. I would order it again

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I have been here twice over the past 3 years and each time the experience was great. Good, authentic Italian food, outstanding service and easy parking and access to the restaurant. Central Ave., where the restaurant is located, is undergoing reconstruction now, but scheduled to be finished by November 2018.