“The best Olive Garden in town.”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #893 of 1,816 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I enjoy dinning in this location as its close to my home. Its a bit out of the way if you are not familiar with the location. But I do enjoy eating at this location as its close for me and I like the set up of the reastruant. The food is always good everything I have had. I prefer the most Eggplant parmesan with Zuppa Tuscan soup. Its my favorite dish to order. Its usually crowded weekend evenings and sometimes lunch.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Dinner was fine, if a little pricey for what you get. But this is the second visit in a couple of months in which the staff constantly uses "We" whenever talking to paying guests, as if they are sitting down to drink a glass of wine and have dinner right there with us. Even my child knows that one doesn't include oneself in asking about or describing a situation in which she or he is not the recipient. It was mentioned the first time and the manager agreed with our concern and said it would be passed along. Tonight our waiter, Shawn must have said We 20 times! How are we liking our wine? I don't know about you, Shawn but I hope you're not drinking on duty. Would we like grated cheese? How does one answer that? Another male staff member, after guests at three tables reported being cold asked if we were warm now. All of us? He and I? Hard to say.
When I mentioned the concerns to Courtney, tonight's manager on duty, she said she couldn't understand it. Although staff are taught not to say You (and why not, as in: Would you like more water?, she wasn't aware of employees being trained to specifically say We, but she'd look into it. No attempt to return a bit of hard-earned cash for a constantly frustrating meal or share a gift card or even apologize. Well, we (really) may not be coming back until there is some interest in making up for confusing and inaccurate use of the English language and showing actual concern for your customers. Unless we (your version) plan on going dutch for our shared drink and dinner or maybe you treat we all.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

First the Italian Margarita tasted like kool-aid. Then the salad actually had brown and slimy lettuce. Next the entree margarita chicken was as dry and hard as leather. One of the managers came and offered us a new entree. We were no longer interested. This Olive Garden is typically not as good as others- but this time was the worst.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Well, it seems that every time I go to Olive Garden, the number of stars I give goes down. Hubby and I went on Monday night after a very busy day, we got there about 7:15 and were seated right away, but within 10 minutes after we were seated, a large party of 8 or 10 people was seated right next to us. I don't know what it is with us being magnets for large and NOISY parties. One would think that after enough complaints, the restaurant would set aside one area for large parties--like the back room which is more convenient for the servers anyway.

We both ordered scampi--hubby's was shrimp and mine was chicken--and we had a salad. Hubby and I both noticed that the dressing for the salad was a little skimpy - he likes to clean out the bowl with bread sticks, but there wasn't enough dressing in the bottom to do that. When the scampi came, it was dry--so dry that we asked our server for extra scampi sauce to put on the pasta. That helped, but I have a great deal of heartburn over the fact that the restaurant makes the scampi sauce ahead of time - rather than in the pan where the scampi veggies and meat are actually cooked. The size of the chicken planks in my dish has been reduced and a different coating makes a difference in the taste. I've been ordering that particular dish long enough to recall when the chicken was just sauteed rather than having been dredged in a coating.

The bread sticks were warm, but not nice and tender like fresh-baked bread should be. Obviously they had been baked much earlier and were kept in a warming oven. I suspect that Darden has started baking the bread at a central location and shipping it frozen or refrigerated to each location.

I think I'm giving up on OG. I'll probably still go for lunch occasionally for soup and salad, but dinner seems to have been supplanted by another--and better--Italian restaurant nearby.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

We arrived early for dinner, was seated quickly, staff nice, place clean. That's about all the good things I can say. The calamari appetizer was under cooked, other food lacking in flavor, and my favorite, the pizzas were taken off the menu a long time ago. Not the Olive garden of old.