“Yuck”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

First the Italian Margarita tasted like kool-aid. Then the salad actually had brown and slimy lettuce. Next the entree margarita chicken was as dry and hard as leather. One of the managers came and offered us a new entree. We were no longer interested. This Olive Garden is typically not as good as others- but this time was the worst.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Well, it seems that every time I go to Olive Garden, the number of stars I give goes down. Hubby and I went on Monday night after a very busy day, we got there about 7:15 and were seated right away, but within 10 minutes after we were seated, a large party of 8 or 10 people was seated right next to us. I don't know what it is with us being magnets for large and NOISY parties. One would think that after enough complaints, the restaurant would set aside one area for large parties--like the back room which is more convenient for the servers anyway.

We both ordered scampi--hubby's was shrimp and mine was chicken--and we had a salad. Hubby and I both noticed that the dressing for the salad was a little skimpy - he likes to clean out the bowl with bread sticks, but there wasn't enough dressing in the bottom to do that. When the scampi came, it was dry--so dry that we asked our server for extra scampi sauce to put on the pasta. That helped, but I have a great deal of heartburn over the fact that the restaurant makes the scampi sauce ahead of time - rather than in the pan where the scampi veggies and meat are actually cooked. The size of the chicken planks in my dish has been reduced and a different coating makes a difference in the taste. I've been ordering that particular dish long enough to recall when the chicken was just sauteed rather than having been dredged in a coating.

The bread sticks were warm, but not nice and tender like fresh-baked bread should be. Obviously they had been baked much earlier and were kept in a warming oven. I suspect that Darden has started baking the bread at a central location and shipping it frozen or refrigerated to each location.

I think I'm giving up on OG. I'll probably still go for lunch occasionally for soup and salad, but dinner seems to have been supplanted by another--and better--Italian restaurant nearby.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

We arrived early for dinner, was seated quickly, staff nice, place clean. That's about all the good things I can say. The calamari appetizer was under cooked, other food lacking in flavor, and my favorite, the pizzas were taken off the menu a long time ago. Not the Olive garden of old.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

We went in the middle of the day for their awesome soups and salad and bread sticks. It was so good on a cold day. Our waitress was awesome, the bread sticks were hot, our soups were so good and the salad was fresh and cold. I had a glass of their house wine which was good. We are so glad we went.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Great food every night, staff member Hannah was great at her job, stayed on top of everything, I ordered the endless pasta with salad and breadsticks and NEVER had to wait on anything. Hannah was very wonderful and represents the Olive Garden to the highest standard!