“Excellent curry!”

Teriyaki Queen and Thai Cuisine Buffet
Ranked #646 of 1,868 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Reviewed 7 May 2016

On a recent trip to San Antonio, I tried massaman curry and fell in love with it! I am not a Thai food or curry expert, and I had not heard of that dish. When I came back to Albuquerque, I checked menus of Thai restaurants here and found that most of them had that dish. And lucky me, Thai Cuisine is very close to my home.

The restaurant itself is very nice, informal but clean and spacious. Service was excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and efficient. Our food came out unbelievably fast.

We ordered potstickers to start. They were amazing. I wanted 20 more. Crispy and flavorful, with a sauce that differed from the type normally served with potstickers, but delicious nonetheless.

The massaman curry was EXCELLENT. Such a wonderful blending of flavors. The consistency was thinner that of other curries I've had, but the massaman curry I had in San Antonio was also thin. Perhaps this is just how it's made. But oh so good!!

We also got the broccoli with garlic and chicken in a Thai brown sauce. This was delicious too. The broccoli was very crisp and the sauce very flavorful.

Be cautious with choosing your heat level. I think Thai levels are hotter than typical. We got mild in the massaman curry and medium in the broccoli dish. We both like spicy foods, but I doubt I could have enjoyed anything hotter than medium. So just be warned. You can always add more chili if you need to.

This restaurant has been here for many years. I hope it continues to do well so I can get some good massaman curry anytime.

(FYI, they stopped their lunch buffet back in 2008. The restaurant is now just called "Thai Cuisine." Tripadvisor should amend this listing. They also have a location in Nob Hill with the same name by the same owners.)

1  Thank lyrix428

Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

I appreciate that Thai food is a very personal and individual choice. This was my first visit to Thai Cuisine and my taste buds were captured. The lunch special was an amazing bargain, and my green curry with jasmine rice was fresh, flavorful, well-textured, and "just right" with medium heat. The black rice pudding for dessert was delicious. The prices were good, the atmosphere was cozy, and the service was great. I will be a regular!

Reviewed 20 March 2015

Clean little restaurant in a strip mall, someone had suggested it so we gave it a try. I would have given it a 3 1/2 stars if I could. Service was alright, prices are average, 9.95 to 12.95 for almost every Thai dish, soup included. Good flavor. The name on the take out menu, receipt and front of building say Thai Cuisine LLC...nothing about teriyaki chicken or buffet..so had a hard time finding on trip advisor, they do serve teriyaki (6.95-8.95) but it's the last item on the menu.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I know this ia Royal Thai - a very reliable Thai restaurant moderately priced. I like their Beef salad in particular.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

I really like this place. I think the food is very flavorful and it is not very expensive. My mom who loves spicy Mexican food really enjoyed this place.