“My favorite small restaurant chain in New Mexico”
Review of Garcia's Kitchen

Garcia's Kitchen
Ranked #45 of 1,816 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: USD 0 - USD 7
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 October 2017

This restaurant near Old Town is the perfect spot for lunch. It's only a few blocks, well withing walking distance of Old Town and far less expensive - also, far better food in my opinion. Serving excellent New Mexico food this place is a favorite among locals and a hidden gem for out of town folks who are lucky enough to discover it. A Carne Adovado burrito will hold you until a late supper! Servings are generous and, red or green, the chile is great.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We visited the "original" restaurant on Central Ave. they have six others scattered around town. This is a large place, with multiple rooms. We walked from a crowded and busy Old Town (5 -10 minutes) and walked in and sat down - the wait times were significant in town.

We found an open table, and were greeted and served by Maria. She was a joy to interact with, and her menu knowledge was helpful. We started with the chips and salsa - very good. My bride chose the Brisket Taco Plate, and I went with the Chicken Burrito and a Dos Equis. The food came out promptly and hot. We were each pleased with our choices, and there was plenty of it. We ended with an order of biscochitos cookies - yum.

I can see why this local chain is so successful - they do a good job of providing good food at a reasonable price

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

My rating is based on extremely slow service. The restaurant was not very busy at 11:30am and it took 20 minutes before we were greeted at our table. The excellent food was slow to arrive. We never received drink refills and took too long to get our check. Excellent food, slow service.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Garcia's has good, consistent New Mexican food. I usually eat too much of their chips and salsa, but their chile is great and I always feel like I had lunch at my neighbor's New Mexican grandmother (Abuela).
I'm Anglo and my grandmothers never cooked food this good. Just sayin.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

I was very impressed with the food that I had at this restaurant. I ordered the Chile Rellenos. The batter and the chile was very traditional to the with that of my family's. The chile sauce was spicy enough but not so spicy that it took away from the taste of the food.

The staff were very friendly and made me feel at home. I only which that I could make a weekly trip there, but it a bit far from California.