“Sushi in ABQ”

Sushi King
Ranked #348 of 1,868 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: You might ask yourself, "How is it possible to get fresh fish in a land locked city like Albuquerque, New Mexico?" Ask no more for we've found the answer! Come in to one of our 5 Sushi King locations throughout Albuquerque and Rio Rancho (yes we said 5!) and enjoy our FRESH fish that we get flown in FRESH all the time. We take great pride in keeping our fish FRESH so that you don't have to worry about it! We are a local family owned chain that you won't find outside of New Mexico. We also have a delectable assortment of Sake you will find goes well with our FRESH fish. Oh did we mention it's FRESH? See you soon!
Reviewed 9 July 2015

It is small simple place BUT the sushi is outstanding. Chirashi is my standby favorite when I go to a Japanese restaurant and it is outstanding here. Also another of my favorites is a Salmon Skin Hand-roll and I have never had better in any sushi restaurant yet.

Reviewed 3 May 2015

Sushi King has an excellent selection of sushi and Japanese and Asian dishes. Their service is fast and efficient. The quality of their fish is very good. You are introduced to sushi and other dishes you may not be familiar with on an HDTV with continuously revolving photos of dishes. Only problem with this location is you have to pay to park because it is downtown.

Reviewed 6 December 2014

No this isn't a Radiohead knock-off. I guess for a landlocked town, this is more than OK sushi. It was tasty, all right, but I was surprised that the spicy tuna roll was topped with what appeared (and tasted) to be spicy tuna salad rather than a slice of tuna. The green tea was great and the service very good. Decent place for lunch.

Reviewed 1 November 2014

The people was very nice and the food was amazing. I had sushi and my hubby had Shrimp fried rice. Better than the shrimp fried rice we have back home.

Reviewed 26 October 2014 via mobile

" After all, the fish is only a one hour flight from the ocean -- it's fresh" said the waitress. Yummy, friendly and wonderful. We've been there many times and it is always a pleasant experience. We like dinning in but their takeout is a treat as well. It only took a couple of times and now they recognize me and welcome me by my first name. This place makes me feel welcome and at home. Love it.