See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I rented a room to be close to the downs to celebrate my birthday. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The first room they gave me was not supposed to be available. The toilet handle was broken the towels dirty and a leak on the ceiling above the kitchenette. We were given a second room that was supposed to be non smoking and had a strong cigarette smell. I had booked a room with a king size bed and ended getting a smaller room with a queen size bed. The rug by the elevator smelled like pee. The whole hotel was very dirty for the price of the hotel. I will never stay there again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yasmina G
580annamariec, Manager at Barcelona Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Yasmina,
Thank you for sharing your recent guest experience. I truly apologize you were not provided a clean and comfortable room upon arriving to our Hotel. Our goal is to offer and provide at all times a clean, comfortable room with exceptional customer service. I will certainly investigate the incident where you were given an unavailable room with my staff. Thank you for your time and we hope you will give us another opportunity to prove our commitment to our valued guests.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

I visited a friend that was staying at the Barcelona Suites and I was horrified at the condition of this hotel. The underground parking entrance looks like someone was trying to drive through the wall without having the gate opened. The wall where the elevator button is located had pieces of the tiles missing, so tacky. The carpeting as you exit the elevator was filthy, disgustingly dirty. The room was dated and the sofa bed looked like it was ready to fall apart, you could see the bed mechanisms even with the cushions on it. The hotel does not have Wifi and my friend said that the air conditioning stops working for days. The television in her room was a JVC from the 1990's. I was appalled to see the drastic condition of this hotel and when I looked online, they are charging $100/night to stay there!!! Someone needs to look into this hotel and report it to the health department of New Mexico. Disgusting!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gloria C
580annamariec, Manager at Barcelona Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Gloria,

I know how upsetting it can be when you are not a guest but a visitor who was asked to leave the property for disruptive behavior. I use all comments left by guests to improve our property and our customer service and I will certainly take your comments seriously. Be safe and happy travels.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

No air conditioning the staff was rude and unskilled! No wifi washing machines broken. Security gate for the parking was down. Dog poop in the hallway all night. No refunds and management wasnt available to even offer any money back. So sad this used to be a 5 star hotel. Now its not even a star. Bad bad bad!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank carolc12777

Dear Carol,
I regret our air conditioning was down upon your arrival. We did offer to cancel without penalty, however; you did decline offer and chose to stay but later wanted a full refund. We do not offer free wifi and our guest laundry is operational. We unfortunately had to wait until Monday to get our gate repaired as a result of an irresponsible driver and we will no longer be pet friendly because of incidents such as the one noted. We strive to offer quality customer service at all times no matter the situation. Thank you for your review and we will use it to improve our property and our guest experience. Be safe and happy travels

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

One of worst hotels I've stayed in. No iron or blow dryer in room, a/c didn't work at all, room was hot! Temperature was cooler outside at 80+ degrees. No vending machines and the water that was to be sold at front desk was sold out. One small bottle of shampoo provided. Hotel was out dated. Only one electric outlet in bedroom, literally had to pull bed away from wall to find it so that phone could be charged. Cost $95. I will not be going back to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Miguel G

Dear Mr. Gonzales,
Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent guest experience, I regret you had to ask for an iron and hairdryer which were provided right away. I know that week our air conditioner did go down and even though we notified you at the time of check in you did choose to stay anyway. We do not have any vending machines on the property as yet, my apologies. Every room does have at least 7 electrical outlets, yet it seems you were unable to find the 2 in the living room or any in the bath, vanity or kitchen. If you would have called the front desk we would have been able to assist you. We hope you will allow us to assist you on your next visit if given the opportunity. Thank you and happy travels

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

I cannot begin to explain to you guys how terrible this place was. This place is not good for family or any decent human being. It’s very unsafe and the atmosphere is TERRIBLEEE. We wanted to look for a decent place to stay for just one night while we were traveling on the road and I’m telling you, this place wasn’t even good enough to stay for that one night. As soon as we saw the place, the room, the people, we had to get the heck out of there. We refunded our money and had to look for somewhere else to stay which was just a hassle, but I would not even stay at that place even if they paid me. The pictures they’re showing on here must be from when they first built this place because when we saw this place IT WAS A DUMPPPP. I never write reviews but this place was so bad that I wanna make sure nobody ever ever goes here. I have truly no idea how this place is still in business. Unless you’re ok with staying at dump and risking to get bitten by bed bugs or getting some type of disease, then you found your place. Also, I have NOOO IDEA how someone in there right mind could give this place anything above 1 star. The reviews that are good on here must be from the crazy people we saw here staying at the hotel. Yes the people who stay here are crazy. People were outside drinking by the hotel and a girl was screaming at the top of her lungs at her boyfriend, throwing her shirt at him. That part was definitely funny but still. Not a place you’d wanna stay at. I was afraid somebody was going to ruin my car whenever we parked the car to try to go check in. (Which we very quickly refunded when we saw the rooms and everything) point is. DO NOT STAY HERE

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank zinat646
580annamariec, Manager at Barcelona Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Dear Zinat646,

I am sorry you did not keep your reservation you would have seen Barcelona is a friendly, clean and welcoming hotel and we are currently hosting a very large group of of employees from the Downs of Albuquerque, real working men and women. Our property is not only secure by our gated parking garage with security access, we also have 24hr staff on duty. Our online photos are not only up to date we are currently planning our guest room renovation. We are a new company and we have a new management team and staff trained to provide quality customer service. Our rooms are clean and comfortable and we offer an extended breakfast menu. Our pool is always clean and rarely closed. We appreciate our loyal patrons and look forward to meeting new guests with the hope of them becoming future loyal patrons. Thank you for your comments we will use them to improve our property, Good luck and happy travels!

AnnaMarie Chavez