“disapointed”
Review of Barcelona Suites

Barcelona Suites
Ranked #118 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Every year for the last 15 years we have stayed here. Each year the place got worse from lack of maintenance. I am sorry to say it was the last year we will stay here. There was a old truck with a camper parked on the side of the property, looks like some one is sleeping and living in it, garbage all over. I saw street people coming and going. I didnt feel safe was the bigger issue. The outside needs to be power washed. Underground parking roof falling down. Our room was clean and the housekeeper did the best they can do with such run down furniture and dirty carpet. It really needs a totoal update. the upside is the still have the wonderful breakfast! We enjoyed staying here as its close to the fair grounds. Once it gets remodeled and the clientel changes we will be back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank nubtog

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Hotel was rundown and poorly maintained. Rooms have mismatched furniture that has to be 15-20 years old. Carpet is old and dirty. Glass door to my wing was cracked and clearly had been for some time. Lights are burned out throughout the hotel. Ash trays were knocked over outside in clear view and stayed that way for my entire five day visit. Doors and walls were dirty and stained. Place needs fresh paint everywhere. My shower had mold in the grout. Not just a little. A thick long black section of the caulk.Trash sat out side rooms for 24 to 36 hours. Dried leaf debris from indoor plants remained on the hall carpet from the time I arrived until I departed. Only one of the four ice machines worked. And to top off my stay, the AC went out in the middle of the night on Thursday. I alerted the desk when I left Thursday morning at 5 pm. When I returned that afternoon the manager said that the repairman was off getting a pert and it would be repaired soon. Never did get repaired. Fortunately the temperature was nice enough that I was able to open the windows for the night. Had to use a book to prop open one window. One window had no screen and the other two were bent and torn. When I checked out the next morning the clerk asked if my AC got repaired. I told him it didn't and his response was Ohhhhhhh. No "I'm so sorry" or "let me call the manager to see if we can discount your stay". Nothing but Ohhhhhhh. I was there on business and working all day away from the hotel. Otherwise I would have checked out after the first night. DO NOT STAY HERE. The photos are VERY deceiving!!!!

Room Tip: Book at another hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Don K
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Fold out couch was old and worn out, mattress falls through the bottom. Carpet stained, tile grout looked like it hadn't been cleaned in decades. TV was ancient, there were bugs in the sink and bath tub. Beds were "saggy". Tile in the pool area were nasty and moldy looking, baseboards throughout lobby, near the pool were black and moldy looking. They have also started renting out rooms "by the week", which attracts some really questionable looking guest-the kind of guests you don't really want your kids around. Its a real shame, because this place must have been very luxurious 40-50 years ago.

Advertises "pet friendly" but there's no where to walk the dogs, no grass any where in side for a block in any direction. Despite this motel being old and in grave disrepair and quite "dirty", I have stayed here 3 or 4 years in a row for our annual dog show in Abq. because of its convenient location of being just down the street from the show and the availability of rooms with two queen beds and a fold out sofa, since my kids don't like to share beds.

Because of my experience on this trip, I have decided to finally make a review and not let the condition of this motel slide again this year. I honestly don't know how it can possibly pass a health inspection to maintain its business license, but as for the not-so-friendly pet policy: I made sure to call in advance to check that they still accepted pets and that the pet fee hadn't changed. I told the lady taking my reservation that I had "several small dogs" for the dog show and I was told that it was still $15. I repeated that I had several dogs and she reiterated "$15", so I made the reservation. Upon check in, I reminded the man at the desk that I was there for the dog show and had several dogs and asked if the total he had given me included the dog fee, and I was was told that it did. Neither he nor the lady who took my reservation gave me any further details, nor was I asked to sign a "pet policy" upon check in, disclosing anything different.

On our very last day, a different man stopped my son, who was walking a dog in an out-door hallway to dry her after her pre-show bath, and told him we were not allowed to walk dogs on the property and then called me to ask how many dogs I had, because there was a $15 Per Pet/Per day fee, which was N O T disclosed at the time of making the reservation or at the time of check in, when I specifically made sure they knew why I was staying and that there were several dogs with me. I told him that I had declared the dogs at the time I made the reservation and again when I checked in, and at no time was this disclosed to me, and he told me very rudely "I don't care, the policy is the policy" I asked him to speak with a manager, because that was not the agreement, and he refused to call the manager, saying "he was out of town for a meeting and would not be back today" (the day I was checking out).

Next year, I'll be staying at the Elegante or the LaQuinta instead!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else, but if you must, you need to stay on the ground floor on the south side if you...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer J
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Lobby was nice and very misleading to the rest of the hotel. The staff was kind, the gals who cleaned our room were very nice after having learned our room wasn't clean upon check in. They worked hard to get it clean immediately, however though they cleaned, the hotel was so old and outdated our room never felt good. We left after only a one night stay. No Wifi however this is advertised as being part of the hotel.

Room Tip: dont choose this hotel. Sorry
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank P J R
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Room was dirty, run down, no towels or shampoo were availble in room had to wait until 10:30 at night for the staff to hunt some down. Shower head was broken, sprayed everywhere. Blanket on bed had burn holes and was ripped. Had coffee pot but no coffee or tea. There was no maid serve for extended stay- no fresh towel. Curtain torn in half. Beds are worn out. Air conditioning did not work. Small tv. No hot water in bath room sink.
Street people where allowed to come in hotel for free coffee . Phone in room did not work to call front desk. Gargage all over property . Management doesnt care about quality of rooms or servce . Not worth the price. Will never stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family