Econo Lodge Old Town(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
USD 82
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 133/night.

Quality Inn & Suites(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
USD 78
QualityInn
Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
USD 105
Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn(Albuquerque)
USD 128
USD 112
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 150/night.

Comfort Inn & Suites Albuquerque Downtown(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
USD 76
Hotel Andaluz(Albuquerque)
USD 205
USD 168
Official Site
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Reserved a handicapped room. Upon arriving, the assigned room was a long journey over a rough tile floor. The threshold to the room was 1.5 inches high, and luggage cart would not go over. Too much furniture in room; wife had to move some furniture to be able to get suitcase into bedroom area. Bathroom grab rails mounted at an incorrect height. Room overllooked busy street which was very noisey all night. Scraped the bottom of my wheelchair van on each trip in and out of the basement level parking garage. Luggage cart fell apart twice between room and parking garage. Good complimentary breakfast, but not sure if it was worth all the other shortcomings.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from Louisiana Blvd.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I had originally made reservations online, because I know back in the day it was the place to stay. I decided to look at the reviews and did not like what I saw. I then called the office and asked to cancel my reservation. The manager asked why and I told her I was not happy with the reviews I read. She said she would give be the jacuzzi suite at a discount if I would just give them a chance. Called her back and said sure! When we went to check in I was going to pay cash for the room and wanted a $100.00 deposit because we wanted to pay cash. I was very, very, very upset because I was not told this when I decided to stay there. They would not give us a room. It was my daughters b-day and Spanish Market. Didn't think we could find another place to stay. But luckily Clubhouse Inn took us with no problems and we paid CASH. Love Clubhouse Inn best experience ever. Was kind of happy things worked out this way. When I walked into Barcelona there was an awkward smell to the place and looked older than a lot of hotels here in Santa Fe. My advise, DON"T STAY THERE. Heard there are cockroaches and ........

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
newmexicot123, General Manager at Barcelona Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

Thank you so much for your comments. We apologize that you did not get to stay with us. However, it is hotel policy to pay a $100 deposit at check in (refundable at checkout) when paying cash. This is standard hotel policy and give assurance to the hotel that incidental charges will be covered. We apologize again that you found this to be an "older" hotel. It is an older hotel but has been renovated recently and is in great shape. We feel the uniqueness of our hotel provides character to visitors to Albuquerque.

We do our best to keep our guests happy and maintain the hotel to the highest standard.

Reviewed 2 August 2011

The staff were very helpful and friendly from the time we arrived until we left.
Our suite was clean and very comfortable and we enjoy having the kitchenette.
The breakfast that is included with your room was very good and more than anyone
could want.
On Friday evening, there was musical entertainment and we were able to be there
for part of it which was very enjoyable.
All and all we had a very good stay and hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: We enjoy staying on the top floor and on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I found the place to be vary dated and not well kept up at that, The beds needed to be replace as well as all the furniture. Access was very acuard with most rooms not available to roll large luguege to with out going up or down steps.

I did find staf to be friendly.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank schuflies
newmexicot123, General Manager at Barcelona Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2011

Thank you so much for your comments. We do value your opinion of our hotel. Our hotel is an older hotel, but we have done many upgrades recently and we also try to maintain in it very well. We can not change the layout of the hotel, but our friendly staff is here to help you with your luggage at your request. Also, we do have some rooms that are accessible without having to go down the two or three steps with your luggage. We hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

The Barcelona Suites was built in the 1960's as apartments and converted in the 1980's to suites for visitors to Albuquerque, N.M. It shows its age but also it shows its class. Secure parking and spacious living accommodations. A hot breakfast is included with the room but it is always the same menu of eggs, sausage, and hash-browns with the occasional french toast or pancakes.
The staff is VERY helpful and quick to meet our expectations.
If you get a room in the North ? end of the building you will have to climb 5 stairs ( THIS MEANS NO LUGGAGE CART ACCESS ! but the staff will help ) because the floors are not at the same level as the other end or the elevators.
We enjoyed our stay and are planning on a return next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the same level with the elevators away from the atrium.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple