“Sushi Xuan gets Two Thumbs up!”

Sushi Xuan Asian Grill
Ranked #322 of 1,869 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 25 March 2017

last night we happy hour'd at a local place. Adjacent was Sushi Xuan. we decided it was dinner so we tried. My gosh, the Sushi was soo tasty, soo fresh. we had a Chefs special called "Santa Amazing"... let me say it was amazing! you have to try this place! We had seen this place... surprised it took us this long to try it. well worth it.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

This was a very pleasant surprise to find good sushi in this "land locked" state. Great spicy tuna roll and cucumber salad. We didn't taste any green chili in the New Mexico roll but it was tasty. Very nice and competent staff. We'll be back for sure.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Joined a couple for a long anticipated dinner. Our friends had been raving about Xuan for weeks.
We met up at 6:30 PM on a Thursday night to a full house! Our friends had wisely arrive earlier to secure a table. Our server met us as we arrived! The level of service never varied! The owner Mike came by to introduce himself = very personable and rightly proud of his restaurant. Now to the food! By far the freshest, best tasting and most beautiful sushi we've had since Mobo Sushi in Santa Cruz CA. At the suggestion of our friends we ordered the Air Force roll (a shout out to the local AFB close by) it was amazing. The fresh crab meat on top was perfect! The four of us are all big sushi fans and this offering was excellent & in the middle of the southwest desert??? Amazing
Our friends insisted on picking up the tab so I can't comment on their prices but based on the quality, freshness and presentation of our meal they can charge any amount they want! Oh & don't miss out on the Hot N Sour soup= terrific

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Been wanting to try this resteraunt since it's real close and what a fantastic resteraunt this is. The service was top notch for a Friday evening, wonderful to see everyone work as a team not just one waiter per table. I had the hot and sour soup which was superb followed by the freshest tasting Pad Thai with chicken that I have ever tasted. She had a wonderful miso soup along with vegetable delight with shrimp with large succulent shrimp in abundance. Cozy atmosphere and prices that are very moderate for the service and quality of food. This is now my new regular place to eat out, a big 2 thumbs up.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Although I'm not a sushi fan, I appreciated their extensive menu. I also appreciated the fact that there were two Japanese chefs behind the counter preparing the sushi. I've been to several sushi places, where the preparers are non-Asian, which mutes the enjoyment of an authentic sushi experience.The food menu was varied and featured some items I've not seen before in Albuquerque, and appears to be a mix of Japanese, Chinese and Korean. Service was very attentive (I had three different folks come over to my table, asking if everything was to my liking). I was amazed at the parade of people constantly coming through the door, including two large parties, which is a prime sign of a successful neighborhood cafe.