“Had breakfast burrito with a client”
Review of Ironwood Kitchen

Ironwood Kitchen
Ranked #211 of 1,836 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 December 2017

The breakfast burrito was tasty but did not contain the spice that I am used too here in New Mexico.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

We have been to Ironwood Kitchen more than once, every time we consistently get good food at a good price with great service. We are very happy with Ironwood and see it as a regular place for us to eat even though it is 14 miles from home. You order at the register with the menus on the wallboard. You get your drink and then seat yourself. You have several booths to the East wall, but they are not padded at all, just straight wood. You also have dining tables with padded chairs. Parking can be an issue with many businesses around this one, we thought they were slammed, but we parked and went in and there were plenty of tables. We had the biscuits and gravy this time. If we could suggest anything, ask for the potatoes to be done a little more crispy. We also got a side of sausage that could have been a little more done but was still tasty the way it was, it is just our preference to have our food a little more done. The servers are very nice, polite and courteous. We love the concrete floors, stained in "fall tones" and a swirl pattern built in makes for a very pleasing palette. We need to try Ironwood for lunch, but we are so pleased with the breakfast - it is hard not to keep getting the breakfasts.

1  Thank Midnitesun3
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

From the girls friendly service to the home cooked food this place is divine. Nice menu for breakfast or lunch. Highly recommend the chicken fried steak, great batter. Huevos rancheros would be 2nd rec. Nice neighborly atmosphere. Clean throughout. Thumbs up! Will def go back

1  Thank bruce p
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Ordered green chile cheeseburgers, huevos and tacos. Huevos came out first, a good 6 minutes before the other dishes. Because cold eggs are terrible, one of our party needed to start eating before the other meals were brought out a while later. You order at the cashier station. Cashier/order taker was very flighty and pretty rude. Needed to repeat things multiple times, took way too long. Near the end of our meal, a waitress asked us to hand her the napkin dispenser so she could fill it. Couldn't that wait till we were finished? Bottom line, better staff would make this place great. Meat used for the burgers was thick and juicy, even when ordered well-done. Green chile on the burgers could really use some more flavor, was pretty lack-luster. Large portions.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I've been here a few times already. Always been happy with my meal and generous portions.

Today they were running a special on philly cheesesteak with a side.
I got the philly and fries as my side.
A good size plate came out.
Philly was good but a little different then i expected. It has like a runny green chile cheese sauce. It was still good but different.

I love their fries. There like the ones I used to make at home back in the day. Only today, they were a little heavy on the salt shaker. I still ate them because I love my salt, but just bear it in mind if you have issues with salty food. You could maybe asked for fries without salt then add your own. Again, i love salt, but they were on the salty side.

I also tossed in al a carte Taco. This I really did not care for. Ground beef with potato. It wasn't bad, just not my thing. Salsa on side was good.

Everyone was cool and customer service oriented. The place was pretty busy for lunch which was a good sign.

Prices are reasonable especially for the portion size.

I usually get the burger/fry combo but saw the special.

Can't go wrong having a meal here. Couple of items to note. They close at 8 everyday and are closed on Sundays.