“Darn good burger and fries!”
Review of Holy Cow

Holy Cow
Ranked #32 of 1,816 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Huning Highland Historic District
Description: Not far from Hotel Parq Central
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Perhaps one of the best burgers in Albuquerque. Excellent recipe, and perfectly cooked and prepared. And the huge plate of fries that I didn't think I would eat, well I did. The fries were fresh and perfectly cooked golden and crunchy. Stripped down café style restaurant with good service.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

There is a name change going on here and I'm betting it has to do with the very popular Ahi Tuna burger that numerous people around us were ordering. My husband built his own burger (he thought there was too much bun, but these burgers are six inches high). I ordered a great beet salad that was way too large but had an abundance of beets. I requested the dressing on the side and it came dressed anyway. Fortunately, they used a light hand with the vinaigrette and I wasn't overwhelmed. I would have preferred the salad was smaller and found out after the fact that you can order a half size of the beet salad (I'll do that next time because I'm sure there will be a next time).

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Went here on our way home to Colorado. Our waiter vanished after taking our drinks order so we had to go inside looking for someone else. The fries and onion rings that go with the burgers come out 10-15 minutes before the burgers? Very strange. The fries were brown and droopy and not very nice. Service 3/5 food 2.5/5

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I visited this bar/restaurant late one evening with a friend. We called for a beer. We were met with such a great welcome - two Brits travelling Route 66. The staff here are great - friendly, funny and informative. We must have made an impression as in the end our two drinks were on the house! However I'd have no hesitation recommending this establishment or returning for dinner. Check it out.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Holy Cow is absolutely nothing to look at from the outside -- bland, gray and uninviting. We've driven by it countless times and not given the place a second thought. But in search of a green chile cheeseburger one day we decided to give it a try. And it didn't disappoint at all. The burger was thick, perfectly cooked and smothered in cheese and the all-important green chiles. It was a messy, totally satisfying experience. We also went for the parmesan zucchini fries -- thick pieces of the bland vegetable tricked out with a super crispy parm crust and served with ranch dressing. They were amazing, and stayed hot through the entire meal. Service was solid and they serve beer and wine.

What Holy Cow lacks in looks it makes up for in food!