“Excellent food with huge portions!”
Review of Cocina Azul

Cocina Azul
Ranked #18 of 1,967 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Southwestern
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped here before our “biking bad” tour on the recommendation from a guy in the bike shop. All I can say is Wow! The portions are huge-we could have easily ordered one dish and split it. We got the brisket rellenos and abodaba enchiladas. They were both absolutely delicious!! The service was excellent. Even though we resisted getting the sopapillas that they give everyone as a dessert, our waiter gave us some anyway. Somehow we made room for them....make sure to add some honey to that amazing piping hot goodness!!

1  Thank AZTravelingcouple

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Loved this simple, seat-yourself diner. Service was attentive and we were able to order a standard dish that wasn’t on the menu. The green chili stew was outstanding- the best I’ve had.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

This is a great casual spot for authentic delicious New Mexican Cuisine. Convenient free parking, clean, neat, bright and friendly place.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

We came here for dinner. Food was excellent - the Combo plate and the steak bowl were recommended by patrons walking out and they didn't disappoint. The Concierge at the hotel said "if you want food like my grandmother cooked, this is it" and he was right.

TIP: Order the chips and salsa. First, the salsas were rated by all of us as the best we've had in New Mexico. Same for the chips. Really great ... and they will refill everything for free. Great and I mean GREAT item and who can beat the price.

IF YOU FOUND THIS TIP HELPFUL, will you please give me a helpful vote. I don't know that Trip Advisor does anything with them, but it couldn't hurt and I'd appreciate. Thanks.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Ate here at the recommendation of a friend. The food was awesome, service was good. It was a very busy time when we ate there. The green chili burger was fantastic and the huevos ranchero's were super! Hot but not too much so. The green sauce

was a good bit warmer than the red but both very tastey. Recommended eating if you can arrange visit.