“yet another great Sushi place for Alb!”
Review of Sakura Sushi

Sakura Sushi
Ranked #539 of 1,882 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Sushi
Description: Best Dragon Roll in Albuquerque off Wyoming at former Range Cafe space
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Day by day i'm more and more impressed with the quality and freshness of the Sushi that's being prepared here in the sunny 505. This place was great. great amosphere, great service... typical prices on rolls. Thumbs up if you like to change up Sushi places.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Driving from Denver to Phoenix, my son and I needed a place to stop for a relaxing dinner. This was between 25 and 40 so not out of our way. Once found was concerned with it being strip mall sushi. However the food was great and the portions generous. One roll filled me up (usually I order 2 rolls and a few pieces of nigri). The house sauce is spicy. I specifically asked and was told it was not very spicy and mayo based. The baked lobster roll (which looked amazing) had house sauce which looked exactly like chiracha hot sauce, nothing creamy about it. It was so spicy I couldn't eat it. When asked for a box, I declined and told the waitress that it was too spicy to eat (she never came to check in food during dinner or I would have told her sooner). I was disappointed that she didn't take something off the check since I didn't eat any of it AND I asked her before ordering about the heat. I also ordered a tootzee roll, which was fresh and delicious!!!

Overall the service was mediocre (not attentive and the resolution of the food I couldn't eat) and the food was excellent (fresh & generous portions). The establishment was very clean.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I got takeout (which I normally don't do for sushi) on a business trip to ABQ. I had the California roll and the salmon lover's roll, and both were very good and held up after a 20-minute car ride back to the hotel. I also called in my order a few minutes before closing, and they let me in 15 minutes after closing to get my food--excellent, friendly service. And a chocolate fortune cookie at the end!

Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

This place always satisfies and never disappoints. The fish doesn't smell, is always tender and tasty, and always perfectly prepared. The hot dishes are alwaysazing, too. They have the best fried rice and pad Thai in town. I'm also a recent convert to the Pad Lay Cashew. So good. So, so good.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

When they first started the business the owners worked hard to please each and every customers. I've been there 6 times in 2 years, and each time is worse than before. The last time in March 2015 I went there for lunch, the sushi chef was not there and the lady owner tried to pass her mediocre creation as sushi! The wait was long and the food was sub-par. Pretty embarrassing to take clients t there for bad food!

I've given them plenty of chance to proof me wrong, but they failed. I wonder how long they can stay open?