La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW
Ranked #44 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We were greeted by staff very cordially yet friendly. She offered information before we asked for it. Very attentive and looking for ways to meet our needs.

Overall stay was most pleasant. When I'm just passing through a place it's nice to have our stay be clean and pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW

A TripAdvisor Member
Chula Vista, California, USA
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Fantastic stay! Staff is super friendly and helpful. Little things made me feel safe as I traveled with my two little ones and staff was so nice that it truely felt like a home away from home. Clean, nutral smell (no stale cigarette smells), nice breakfast, convenient, GREAT staff!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I have not stayed in a lot of La Quinta's but I am a rewards member and tend to stay in one if the price is right and one is available. Maybe it is just Albuquerque because I have yet to find a decent hotel in this town. I know nothing about AQ or where the bad sections of town are located and just drive through. But when I was checking in the poor girl at the front desk looked so frustrated and said nothing was going right today and she was having a really bad day.

When I got to my room it smelled on cigarettes (the room says non-smoking) and from the 1st floor I had to go to the only working ice machine apparently in the building which is on the third floor. Of course you don't know this until you check the vending area which tells you to go to the 2nd or 3rd floor and then when you go to the 2nd floor it tells you the machine is broken and to go to the 3rd floor.

As I was walking to find an ice machine I heard kids directly above me running on the second floor and then they came down to the first floor and just collapsed in the hallway when they reached their intended room. When I came back from getting ice I think they were talking with the loudest voices possible with an open door. If it were not for the woman at the desk having a really bad day and the fact that it was just one night I would have attempted to get another room or gone to a different hotel. Sure won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Room was not bad, but the worst sheets I have ever slept on. Got on the elevator with another guest and she said that she always carried her own, wish we had. Breakfast was a major disappointment...bread, waffles, muffins, sweet rolls. The only thing I saw that was nourishing was boiled eggs.

Room Tip: Take your own sheets and go to the Cracker Barrel for breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Albuquerque hotels
0.3 km away
12.7 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque West
0.4 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW

Address: 7439 Pan American West Fwy NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109-4683
Region: United States > New Mexico > Albuquerque
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#14 Best Value Hotel in Albuquerque
#45 Business Hotel in Albuquerque
Price Range: $75 - $253 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr Nw Hotel Albuquerque