New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport

Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #47 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Midland, Georgia
“Great location to airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed here 172 nights. Front desk staff is outstanding! Breakfasts are very good. Rooms are very functional. Great shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights. The room was great, stayed in the king fireplace suite. Asked for a room with a view/higher floor and got put on the first floor. This actually wasn't a problem since I'm a smoker and this meant easier access to the smoking area outside. Only real complaint was with the bathroom. The light in the bathroom had dead bugs in it and also no option of turning off the air circulator/fan which got really load and annoying. Would get so loud that when I was done with my shower I would dry off in the dark just to get rid of the annoying sound. Never got a chance to check out the pool/whirpool, each time went to check it out there were families/kids in there. The breakfast was good: pancakes, sausage patties, hash browns and eggs, along with coffee, juice, cold/hot cereal and bagels. Would definitely stay here again. A little more than I would have liked to spend but the room was worth it, felt like my own apartment!

Room Tip: stayed in room 131 (or was it 133) very last room off the back/parking lot area, good if you're...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank octoberasteria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times and most recenly this week. It is a pretty standard Residence Inn and the bed was very comfortable. The staff there is outstanding...very helpful and competent. The rooms and public areas were clean and inviting. Complimentary breakfast was very good. I did not have the evening refreshments, so can't comment on that. The hotel is mere minutes from the airport, which is convenient for those early morning departures; however, it is a little removed from many nicer areas of Albuquerque. A car is a necessity if you stay here (unless you are only planning to take the free shuttle to the airport). If you do rent a car, be careful where you buy gas. I forgot to buy gas for my rental car the night before I departed and had to get it at 5:30 AM There were already a couple of people hanging around the gas station (7/11) a couple of blocks away trying to panhandle. Not what you want to deal with before your morning coffee. For the quick trip to Albuquerque this is a good hotel, but if you plan to be there for several days I would recommend the Marriott on Louisianna Street due to a more convenient location.

Room Tip: No really bad rooms. The hotel is far enough from the freeway or major streets to ensure a quiet ni...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lwood_23
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport for two nights with my family. I have stayed at a number of Residence Inn locations and the past and this is one location that sets itself apart from the others.

The hotel property is very well maintained. Everything is clean, the lobby has a great design and is very comfortable for breakfast or meeting people. The staff throughout check-in and the stay were always very friendly and very helpful, awesome staff all around from the desk to the housekeeping.

The rooms are very well designed, more then any other Residence Inn I have stayed at in the past. The furniture, kitchen and bedroom area are fantastic and I really enjoyed the way the rooms are designed. The living area furniture was particularly nice for working and it seemed to have more room then most I have stayed in. The hotel is also dog friendly which is nice if you are traveling with your pet like I did on this stay.

Its very nice to stay at a Residence Inn that isn't cookie cutter like most. I enjoy them, don't get me wrong, but it was wonderful that this hotel but their own southwest spin on the design, it made much more fun to stay in. I would certainly return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank hdblue
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

The Residence Inn by Marriott Albuquerque Airport was more than the usual pleasant stay that I have grown used to at most of the Marriott's I stay at.
We were stuck there during the winter storm in mid-December.
The staff, in particular, Lioba, was so pleasant and SO helpful, we will always go back there.
The rooms were lovely, spacious, and clean.
But truly, again, it is the staff that makes this place world class.
We were snowed in, and Lioba and crew made our stay restful while we waited out the storm.
Lioba called us every few hours to let us know the updates on the roads, and also suggested restaurants that we could eat at close by while we waited.
All of the restaurants were exceptional that they recommended.

When the roads finally opened, Lioba called our room and told us we should make a go of it quickly or we'd be stuck, and so off we went.
If not for the diligence of Lioba, we might have gotten stuck another few days.

GREAT PLACE!