“okay restaurant”

Nuevo Cafe
Ranked #72 of 737 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 July 2015

this is a small restaurant, very bold colors, many old actors photos, food was okay. not too impressed with this restaurant. if you are nearby and are hungry this place can provide you with a meal.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

Nuevo Cafe is know for the Pablano Soup! It is fantastic. If you like a little spice this is the dish to try. Also they make homemade pimento cheese that is so delicious. The atmosphere is very Austinish which is quite cool.

Reviewed 17 March 2015 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch on a whim and I'm so glad that we did. Our order was to go so we grabbed a menu and talked to the nice lady behind the counter, made our decisions and proceeded to wait for our food. While we waited we chatted with the staff who, upon hearing it was our first visit, brought out samples of some of their fare. Everything we tried was delicious. I already know what I'm having when we go back. Be prepared to wait, this place was packed. Next time I'll call ahead if we're going to pick up, if we decided to eat in we'll head over early.

1  Thank jslamb
Reviewed 13 August 2014

AWESOME Poblano soup. If you don't get anything else, get this! I live in Austin and I always get a quart of soup and a pint of their homemade pickles. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here many times and it's always good. The poblano soup is the BEST. Also, the "home style" potato chips with the sandwiches are really tasty. Great place for lunch solo, with your spouse or just to meet a friend or two!