Fourth of July weekend I wasn't expecting to find anything open. This is one of the few hotels that had an open room
Check-in: Quick and painless. I had a king suite(don't bother) on the 2nd floor. Room was spacious and meticulously clean but have connecting doors so you can hear everything next door. If you look at my reviews you will see I've stayed at a variety of star level hotels and the cleanliness of this place was excellent. . Microwave and fridge in room clean clean. Towels were the soft fluffy kind not the kind you would expect at this type of hotel. Complimentary lotion shampoo. Nice
Pool: Clean and small. But here goes the issue with the 'neighborhood'. When I checked in I stopped at gas station next door where police pulled over some young kids and were banging on the roof for the them to get the F*** out the car. Not a good start. So when I'm chilling by the pool, some homeless guy comes up to the fence and asks for money. I'm on vacation, didn't have any cash with me anyway so I tell him no and please let me relax
Parking: I come in late Friday night. Same homeless guy comes up offering to show me a spot to park. Yeah, no thanks. Yep there are random guys drinking hanging over the balcony watching where you park and watching you walk to your room. I personally didn't care for it at all at 230am so the neighborhood and atmosphere makes this hotel lose a star. Came back Saturday night, hotel completely booked and there was absolutely no where to park. The nice guy at the front desk let me park right out front where you park to check in and such. Thanks!!. He was really nice.
Other: Didn't wake up by 930 to eat breakfast so can't help there. There was a coffee maker in the room that I utilized. Decent coffee. The location is close if you are planing to go out downtown( I was) and go to north Corpus Beach(that was my goal). If not for the neighborhood I would recommend. Just made me feel a little uncomfortable. I went out at least 3 times Friday night just to check on my car but I personally ( I have no children)would stay again. I've never seen an Econo Lodge of this quality and maintained so well. I was impressed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Econo Lodge Inn & Suites is located right off IH 37 near downtown and offers a free breakfast, free high speed internet, outdoor pool & spa, lots of other amenities and service that you will remember with a smile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Econo Lodge Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Econo Lodge