South Texas Botanical Gardens & Nature Center
Open today: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Magnificent Orchid Greenhouse!

The staff here was really great! We were there on a gloomy day, but the staff took time to explain... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Donna M
Dallas, Texas
Pleasant outing

Nice botanical gardens in what seems to be the CC suburbs. A nice volunteer showed us around... read more

Reviewed 30 October 2018
den979
Austin, Texas

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Corpus Christi
from USD 20.00
More Info
All reviews butterfly house rose garden beautiful plants exotic birds reptile room full bloom sunflower seeds plant life reptile exhibit walking trails flora and fauna gift shop bug spray couple of hours peaceful place great place to visit few hours
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

We went to see flowers & walk. This was a very nice place to relax & see flowers & birds. We were disappointed that the butterfly display was closed for season thing it would be indoors one however was really pleased with bird collection & show. The bird show was really laid back & personal so was the highlight of our visit. We really enjoyed orchids display and walking around grounds. Beautiful setting & only negative in setting is busy road on one side - we really enjoyed day walking, viewing birds & plants.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 9 January 2017

Lovely gardens and nature center in the midst of road construction - don't let that deter you from seeking this out for some quiet respite. There are very good trails for meandering or walking at a faster pace. I thoroughly enjoyed the orchid house - so many varieties to drool over! Several bird species on site behind cages which are often brought out by staff for a closer look. The rose gardens were just past peak during my visit but still really beautiful. The butterfly house didn't seem to have any butterflies within during my visit, but still lovely to walk through. The grounds are very well maintained. Spend a lot or a little time. A few benches throughout and seating in the rose garden pavilion. Admission was $8 with small fees for seeds if you wish to feed some of the birds. I really enjoyed talking with some of the staff. There's a nice gift shop and there's ample parking in a gravel lot. It felt like the entire area was handicapped accessible with some pathways being made of stones but inquire to be sure.

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank AdventureLass
Reviewed 14 December 2016

Given that these gardens are run by a nonprofit organization on limited funds, they are wonderful. Of course more money is needed for new posters, better signs, and the like. But, the entire place is pretty and peaceful even in December. I enjoyed my stay there and found it interesting. I especially liked the rock furniture and seeing the turtles move towards their own "tanning lamps" (really heating lamps for them). Definitely worth braving all the nearby construction, but don't expect a Disney World adventure.

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank WonderLife2014
Reviewed 12 December 2016

I was surprised by the size of the gardens. Such a lovely walk. They had a collection of snakes/lizzards and parrots, and an amazing collection of orchids, most of which I hadn't seen before.
I would like to visit again in the Spring when the plants are in bud/bloom and the lake is fuller and probably full of birds and alligators(?).

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank Pat R
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Great for families or anyone. It is "Nature" so be prepared for the weather, but that also means it can be different anytime you go. Plenty to do or just a great place to take a stroll.

Date of experience: October 2016