“Good food”
Review of Levi's Barbeque - CLOSED

Levi's Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Decent food, good value. Nice selection of chicken ribs and sides. Also had fish dishes and salads. Great to reheat in the room later or the next day. Easy walk from the Comfort Inn in Oxon Hill!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Programmed the GPS to find some Barbecue on the way up to Silver Spring from Indian Head MD. This place came up, not far off the road and Boy was I surprised! The NC barbecue was exceptional and with a little kick.
Yes the place was a bit disorganized, but the folks were friendly and portion size was ample. I WILL be back here.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

Traveling with a group of 46 high school students, we were given a seating area with our own buffet set up. The food was great.

Reviewed 5 September 2015

....and, after yesterday's experience, I remember why. Located in a nondescript strip mall (practically behind a Taco Bell drive thru), you just might miss it. Ten years or so ago, Levi's was probably one of the best places in DMV to get soul food. Now, not nearly as much. I think the change happened after Levi passed away, the new owners took over this location and the quality has definitely diminished. There used to be large numbers of people eating there, buying food to go; yesterday, there was only 2 tables of diners. From just looking at the food while you're deciding what to order, it didn't appear to be freshly cooked (NOTE: There is no cook-to-order option), and some dishes were barely there. Were they preparing more in the kitchen? Who knows? There certainly didn't seem to be any sense of urgency in replenishing the 'hot bar' with fresh food. Now, I'm remembering why I haven't been back here in many years.

So.....after paying for my food, I asked the cashier for napkins. He pointed to the end of the counter (where the condiments are located). The napkin dispenser had about 5 napkins left. The gentleman in front of me had just spilled hot sauce on the counter as he attempted to fill up takeout containers, and was using the last of the napkins to clean up his spill. When I went back to the cashier to tell him that there were no napkins left and ask if he could bring out more from their kitchen/storage area, his reply was "Yeah...we'll have some when he gets back from the store". Whatt?? Another thing. One of the diners was a woman that walked with a cane. After she paid for her food, did any staff member offer to take her tray of food to her table? Absolutely not. And, yes; she was headed to a table to join me. And, did I hear about her disappointment at the table? Absolutely. So much for customer service. Another thing. The food was well cooked, but definitely on the salty side. Folks with HBP, diabetes, etc., this may not be the best place for you. I'm just saying. Return trip? I highly doubt it.

3  Thank JoyceInDC
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

First time there. Approaching the food was like shocking, I love soulfood. It looked great, and taste great. A lil unorganized with the pricing chart on the wall, and trying to place an order as while. But overall great food.