“lovely italian food, great service”
Review of Biaggi's Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

Biaggi's Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2013

really enjoyed our meal here, service was attentive and high standard, the food was extremely tasty and well cooked, large portions and very reasonable prices, you cant go wrong with eating here when in SLC

1  Thank Rod009

Reviewed 21 June 2013

After spending two days in SLC with no real GF meal, I was thrilled to learn of this fabulous restaurant having a full GF menu! First the attentive wait staff brought a separate plate of GF pizza crust, grilled and seasoned for my own bread dip plate. Then I had a wonderful time choosing from the extensive menu. I chose the Salmon salad, which was a taste sensation. What a pleasure to have a real meal with my non-GF husband and have the extra gourmet touches that I usually do without! We both enjoyed the vintage music and the restaurant's great atmosphere and we'll return every time we are back in SLC!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

The service was great. We went on a Friday night and restaurant was full but we still were taken care of. Our food was great and it was nice to have the option to order a half size plate for dinner. It was a bit loud and tables are close to one another but not too close that you couldn't carry on a conversation. For the quality of the food compared against places like Olive Garden this is much better.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Finding good Italian food in Salt Lake City, UT can be a real challenge and looking for it in the tourist hub of The Gateway probably isn't the smartest idea when there are locally owned options a few blocks away, however, considering I was with a large group and we had separate checks and arrival/departure times, as well as a modified version of musical chairs, I find myself unable to be critical of the restaurant in any way. The service was friendly and not forced, and attentive enough for all of us to stay engaged. I felt some level of urgency to have the servers flip the table a common occurrence with chains however I was allowed the time to enjoy the meal I ordered, which while good value for the money left me underwhelmed. Drinks were a bit on the pricey side for this type of venue which I felt was middle class reaching for more but that is what should be expected so, in the end, they delivered what I expected when I arrived, nothing less and nothing more so the visit was average.I'd go back if someone suggested it but I do feel compelled to find better Italian food in the area.

1  Thank dalessiopietro
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Biaggi's is in a pleasant setting near SLC's Olympic Memorial Plaza and the restaurant itself was a pleasant environment.We wandered in about 8 pm on a Wednesday night and were struck by the emptiness, only two other groups.
Service was attentive but seemed inexperienced and unsure.
Wine list was limited and reasonably priced but most relevant bases were covered.
Menu, like the wine list, covered most of the traditional requirements of Italian restaurants with red sauce dishes, as well as chicken marsala and saltimboca.
Salads came in large portions and the caesar salad was quite good.
I was diappointed with my pasta entree, a baked dish that either was baked too long or never had enough sauce to keep the pasta moist.
Bottom line, there are better choices for commonplace Italian food.

2  Thank Bob K